Fury 225 402 there is no other bullet on planet Earth!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fury 225 at 100 yards me and my friend were walking around scouting a little bit after the morning hunt yesterday and we walked up on this little buck my friend decided to try to take him I handed him my smokeless Omega loaded with 57 drains of 4198 and a 225 Fury 40 cal in a light blue sabot,,,I black lump is the deers brain it sucked it all the way out through the neck as the bullet went out the other side, he wants the rifle and my bullets now

Attachments

• 20231022_103818.jpg
    20231022_103818.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
Fury 225 at 100 yards me and my friend were walking around scouting a little bit after the morning hunt yesterday and we walked up on this little buck my friend decided to try to take him I handed him my smokeless Omega loaded with 57 drains of 4198 and a 225 Fury 40 cal in a light blue sabot,,,I black lump is the deers brain it sucked it all the way out through the neck as the bullet went out the other side, he wants the rifle and my bullets now
Proofs in the pudding!

I wanted to use the Harvester smooth blues but it was just too tight a combo in my barrel. I used the Harvester light blue EZ sabot and it was still a tight fit and push but doable. Usually I slightly knurl my bullets but was worried I would get it stuck.
My Ruger No. 1 had an issue since cleared up so I will try the recommended combo in the future.
Got good accurate results with the EZ sabots though.

Back