Fury 225 402 there is no other bullet on planet Earth!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mnt monkey

Reaction score
If it's not obvious to everyone I'm a big Fury bullet fan, I like to shoot a lot of other bullets but I have more constant success with Fury bullets than I do anything else and not to mention I like the owner Dennis,, I remember four or five years ago being so impressed with the basic star tip 452 in a harvester Black in a 28 twist CVA, and once I really started shooting it smokeless it shot in every 20 twist and 18 twist smokeless gun I put it in not near as pretty as some of those tip pointy fancy bullets but day in day out accuracy of that 250 star tip still is on my radar screen ,whether shooting it with plastic or sizing to bore, now about this 225 402, every single gun and it's a lot of guns that I put the 225 and the light blue in and put 57 grains of IMR 4198 behind it shoots a consistent half inch or less a bunch of guns not three or four,, a bunch of guns,, almost every smokeless gun I have that's a pretty impressive to me, I'm a simpleton I really get excited about something it's pure and simple it's just a bullet that works gun after gun after gun I'm almost to this point that if I'm shooting plastic smokeless. It's going to be this bullet I might plink with a 200 SST and on fancy days I may go something a little bit more sharp pointed but this is the bullet,, yes folks there is no other bullet and if you're not shooting this one in a 45 even with black horn or some of the subs you're missing one of the most accurate bullets available and I'm talking about really great hunting accuracy half inch and less.

I know that the .40, 225 grain Star-tipped bullets shoot as close to lights out in my Patriot that its scary. I'll be ordering some of the .402's in 225 grain soon. I shoot 56 grains of IMR 4198 in the light blue sabot with Winchester 209 shotshell primers. The 195 grain Barnes Expander in .40 caliber is another good shooter but I honestly feel the Fury pill is slightly more consistent.

If I can't locate some N110 to try locally I plan to order some and swallow that hazmat feel. I'd really like to try that powder, but if I decide to stick with the 4198 I have four pounds of it so I can shoot a while.

If it's not obvious to everyone I'm a big Fury bullet fan, I like to shoot a lot of other bullets but I have more constant success with Fury bullets than I do anything else and not to mention I like the owner Dennis,, I remember four or five years ago being so impressed with the basic star tip 452 in a harvester Black in a 28 twist CVA, and once I really started shooting it smokeless it shot in every 20 twist and 18 twist smokeless gun I put it in not near as pretty as some of those tip pointy fancy bullets but day in day out accuracy of that 250 star tip still is on my radar screen ,whether shooting it with plastic or sizing to bore, now about this 225 402, every single gun and it's a lot of guns that I put the 225 and the light blue in and put 57 grains of IMR 4198 behind it shoots a consistent half inch or less a bunch of guns not three or four,, a bunch of guns,, almost every smokeless gun I have that's a pretty impressive to me, I'm a simpleton I really get excited about something it's pure and simple it's just a bullet that works gun after gun after gun I'm almost to this point that if I'm shooting plastic smokeless. It's going to be this bullet I might plink with a 200 SST and on fancy days I may go something a little bit more sharp pointed but this is the bullet,, yes folks there is no other bullet and if you're not shooting this one in a 45 even with black horn or some of the subs you're missing one of the most accurate bullets available and I'm talking about really great hunting accuracy half inch and less.
Wellll, I've shot a few hundred of the 275g ST2P's, a cpl hundred 265g STB's, and I'm finally getting into the .402 225g ST2P's. I got 150 of them, I've shot about 20 of them in LBCR's out of my Accura. I'm really leaning to those being my new hunting bullet in the Accura starting this yr. I was happy with it when load testing at 50 - 100yds, I'll shoot some at 150yds & out to 250-300yds with them the next time out. I'm looking forward to shooting them in the .40 Omega when it gets here too.

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean Mtn.! Both of my Traditions rifles have a 1/2" moa/100yds. With the .502 300 grain star tip with a MMP ballistic sub-base and that's with T7, 95g by volume. Nothing else I've rammed down them so far has even come close to matching that.

I sighted my CVA Scout in yesterday. 225 Fury with the EZ Load sabot. 56gr of IMR 4198 pushed the bullet. I was impressed at just how well the bullet walked right in. Top hole where I started. Two clicks to the right and 4 clicks down. From there, I walked it right down to 1” @ 100yds. Extremely accurate bullets that my gun really likes!

Attachments

• IMG_5331.jpeg
    IMG_5331.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Here’s the ballistics chart for my CVA Scout using the following set up:
Leupold VXR Fire Dot
IMR 4198 (56grains)
Fury 225 with EZ Load Sabot
LRMP

Attachments

• 71743522280__BE8C321D-ABF4-4DEF-8AD7-CE22C4117CC9.jpeg
    71743522280__BE8C321D-ABF4-4DEF-8AD7-CE22C4117CC9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
With the scope, I have roughly $2,000 in the Scout. I’m happy with this set up. Fits my needs and hunting area perfectly. The bigger and more expensive bolt guns are much more impressive. But, I don’t really enjoy toting heavier weapons and unless I go somewhere, I’ll never take advantage of its capabilities.

Those big full Shank bolt guns are really Target Guns about 90% of the guys that get one for the reason of hunting other than shooting them a doe maybe one time out at long distance leave the gun setting at the house, they're not very practical to hunt with, I think your little Scout makes a lot of sense myself! Even the barrel nut rifles weigh too much to hunt with.

This .402 Fury Bullet to me is a perfect fit. This is my second Scout. First one was sized .275 bullets over 62gr of powder. IMO I was asking a lot of that weapon. Someone turned me on to the sabot option. At first I pooh poohed it. An open mind is a scary thing!!!!

I went to farm and shot the gun at 200yds. With roughly an 1 1/2” zero at 100yds, the 225 impacts 8” low at 200. I was hoping it would be a little flatter. I’m good for this season, but I may go 2” high next season and bump it to 57 or 58gr of 4198. It won’t be a drastic change, but they may be a little flatter.

Back