Fury 225 402 there is no other bullet on planet Earth!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to farm and shot the gun at 200yds. With roughly an 1 1/2” zero at 100yds, the 225 impacts 8” low at 200. I was hoping it would be a little flatter. I’m good for this season, but I may go 2” high next season and bump it to 57 or 58gr of 4198. It won’t be a drastic change, but they may be a little flatter.
2 weeks ago I was establishing some drop data on my Brux Omega. 57 H4198 Fury .401 240. Zeroed at 100 I had exactly 3 inches of drop. Next weekend I’ll be shooting some of the 225 for comparison.

Doing a little plug testing it's a beautiful afternoon here in Arkansas this is two shots that are further apart of 200 SST 40 cal and the two touching or the 225 Fury imagine that the load is 57 grains of 4198 light blue sabot

Attachments

• 20231009_160215.jpg
    20231009_160215.jpg
    922.1 KB · Views: 0
I love that stock. I can't get past how the whole aesthetic of the gun looks - off, with the short barrel. I'm having all of my Omega's finished at 27-28" & on the .40 & the other one, I had the muzzle finished at .750" to shed some weight off of it, especially the front of it. I'm still nuthin short of elated to see the beloved Omegas getting converted into SML's with the capabilities they are getting. Its just awesome to see. I'm glad to see that we are all grateful for Mark Woodman stepping up & seeing the need & filling the void for these wonderfully made Omega conversions.

Has anybody gotten these bullets to shoot well with a 1:22 twist?
I shot about 75 of them so far, with multiple powders & charge weights. I’ve only used the LBCR sabots bc everything else has shot very well in them. Here’s the best group I’ve gotten at 100yds.
I think I’ll save the rest of the ones I got for when my .40 gets here & try them in that.

Attachments

• IMG_0574.jpeg
    IMG_0574.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have not gotten them to shoot consistently. I will try them in a different ML next year. Not using them this year as I am out of time.

Back