Bullpup muzzleloader, so cool

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black Diamond plugs... Not exactly an uncommon rifle. TC no longer supports them with parts. So much for lifetime warranty. Good thing they don't need plugs often.

Just my thoughts, but if the new owner(s) wanted to continue to be called T/C they need to pony up and honor those lifetime warranties!

Lot's of companies continue on with a well known company names.They will stand by the new models, I sent one back and they fixed it.
Nit Wit

Lot's of companies continue on with a well known company names.They will stand by the new models, I sent one back and they fixed it.
Nit Wit

If they want to benefit from the PAST company's accomplishments, they need to fix the past company's warranty claims. That is not fair for the new business owners to get to claim accomplishments of the old company at the expense of the owners of the product that still need service.

They could have just as easily taken over all of the tooling and changed the company name. We all could have plainly saw the exact same product with new name. Instead they are building on success that is not their own and they have no skin in the name.

Alot of the tooling was lost in the big fire!
NW

That is why the real T/C went to the Thunderhawk Shadow as the original Thunderhawk tooling was destroyed. So all newer models were on new tooling that was eventually bought by S&W.

That was my second muzzleloader and it shot great with Hornady Great Plains even though it was made for round balls. Very accurate and easy to carry, It smoked a bunch of deer. I would like to find one of the newer ones in a 1-28 twist. That was just before they quit making them.

Yea I was under the impression this one I have was 1-28 after seeing an old ad for them online but after checking rate of twist in mine it’s much slower, more like 1-48. I got it from a good friend of mine that also sold me his mk-85

They were designed by a guy in Michigan and sold to folks in Princeton Illinois. The barrels came from a maker in Pennsylvania. I don't know if they ever made more than a thousand.
They have a long barrel with a drum and nipple. I have a .50 cal I'd sell for $250.00. They have a serious cool factor!
Nit Wit

Last edited:
They are definitely different, 28” barrel but handles like it’s only about 14”. I was hesitant shooting today for the first time..knowing the powder was under my chin. I just shot some patches round bales with 60 grains of 2f Swiss. Accuracy was decent. I’ll have to play with some loads to see what it likes

I remember reading about them in the 90's. I'm a big fan of the carbines but I don't think these had a big following.

Stocks are readily available. Just pickup a 2x6 at any lumber yard.
Unkind.
It's all a matter of what you like. Personally, I do not care for bullpups, but the Brits use one, the SA80, for their service rifle.
1607210142998.jpeg
In the ML community, some people won't have an inline. For myself, I think an traditional ML is more trouble than it is worth. All a matter of opinion.

Unkind was not my intent. You can say all wood stocks are just a piece of wood but the OP picture shows a stock that looks like an ordinary board without the traditional look we've come accustomed to. Perhaps its simplicity is part of its charm.

Midway USA has the Traditions inline on sale for $179.

Cut off the buttstock and strap it onto a 2x4, and you will have a better rifle in my humble opinion.

Back