Bullpup muzzleloader, so cool

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't be all that wild about having the igniting powder charge directly under my chin, I will just stick with my chopped Renegade and my 35 3/4 in .52 Knight Disc Extreme.
If you took one apart you would be impressed with the American made very heavy barrel! The drum points to the outside. Totally safe.

I don’t mind the slow twist rate in mine..with it being such a small frame gun it’s easy to get into a tree stand with it and easy to maneuver in the dense woods when I’m in the ground. It’s situations setting up for a shot that’s within 100 yards if not under 50 yards. Patches round ball and conicals do some magic at those distances

I shot mine in the Ancient Ones Of Maine monthly Geezer shoot. I hit 9 out of 10 targets with the PRA bull pup. Took 1st place. Below is a Jukar rifle that was one of the targets. Those bull pups will shoot. Mine soots my face a bit. >490 RB .15 patch and 50 grains per volume of Shuetzen 3F.
The guys were amazed, as they had never seen one! I can sell it now as I know it shoots well. Where the rear sight is mounted you could mouny a scope or red dot!
Nit Wit

Used this PRA Bull Pup .5ocal at an Ancient Ones Of Maine Geezer shoot. The Jukar was one of the targets. I hit 9 out of 10 targets and took first place. And The A/O's buy lunch!
Nit Wit

Attachments

• thumbnail_20201211_173412.jpg
    thumbnail_20201211_173412.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 8
  • thumbnail_20201211_112130.jpg
    thumbnail_20201211_112130.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 8
I wouldn't be all that wild about having the igniting powder charge directly under my chin, I will just stick with my chopped Renegade and my 35 3/4 in .52 Knight Disc Extreme.
That was my first thought when I came across the bullpup concept. Bad enough having the detonation out in front.
Murphy's Law.

That looks like one butt ugly home made gun. Break opens can get really short without putting the powder charge under you're chin. This is an NEF 12 ga converted to 45 sml. 20 inch barrel. The 1 x 22 twist is marginal. I used 1 x 18 in my other guns and it was better for sabotted bullets. twist.

Attachments

• NEF 45 SML.JPG
    NEF 45 SML.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
I don’t mind the slow twist rate in mine..with it being such a small frame gun it’s easy to get into a tree stand with it and easy to maneuver in the dense woods when I’m in the ground. It’s situations setting up for a shot that’s within 100 yards if not under 50 yards. Patches round ball and conicals do some magic at those distances
I'd have to be in a pretty tight spot before I'd shoot that, just saying!!

I could almost see having the pistol model to go with my Patriot. Scope it up a bit and go hunting. I love hunting my Optima pistol and can see myself falling in love with that pistol of yours. Need a field rep for it?

Back