Bushnell legend ultra hd 1.75-5x32 review

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03mossy

Reaction score
I have had a hand me down Simmons pro hunter 3-9x40 wide angle on my omega since '07. It has serve me well and harvested a pickup load of deer and survived hundreds of rounds. Last fall the reticle was so out of focus I couldn't even see it well enough to shoot. So the Omega got bench last fall.

I researched scopes like crazy for its replacement and this Bushnell looked about perfect. It came in this week and I just got it mounted. The wide field of view and the rain guard were really important features I liked. Since this will be used in thick woods and usually snowing. The fov is so wide that I can actually see the front sight looking through the scope, never had this before. The eye relief is advertised as 5" but it's gotta be almost 6". The turrets on the scope are the nicest I have ever seen on a scope in this price range.

Here are some pics. So far I'm impressed and think this will fit the bill nicely. I will report back after I get to the range.

Ok so my phone is being dumb and the pics are cut off. I'll fix them Monday at work. Sorry

What is the overall length of that scope? It looks short and I like that. With that power range it would make a perfect hardwoods rifle scope in my opinion.'' Many years ago when I purchased my Black Diamond XR I needed a scope for it. I purchased a Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn 1.5x4.5 x 32mm scope. It too is a small scope. I sighted that scope in and its never moved off zero. It is a great scope for low shadow hunting. That first year I was hunting my friend's farm. And he had a section of cedar bog full of deer. I sat in there until the last minute of hunting. And the deer were all over. But because of the shadows and lighting, my binoculars would not let me see horns (it was buck only). Yet through that scope I could check heads with east.

A few weeks later I was at the same farm and he was sighting in his scope on his Model 94 Winchester 30-30. He had a Simmons scope. I brought the BD and we ended up shooting at a paper dinner plate at 150 yards. Once I learned the bullet drop hitting that paper plate was a breeze.

I bet you are really going to like that scope.

Its only 10" which is another reason I chose it. And the FOV being 49' was another seller. I included a pic of before I mounted it so you can see the size compared to a standard 3-9x40.

20140614_100002_zpsnkdl2twe.jpg

20140614_100238_zpsy0f4rr88.jpg

Yes indeed.. I like them short scopes. Then you can leave the rear sights on the rifle. That is going to be a great rifle scope combination. That's one reason I like my 2.5x20mm scope... its short and for shots in the woods.. its perfect.

I think you will be very pleased with it. I have 2 of the 4.5-14 & they are nothing short of excellent! Keep us posted :)

Latest posts

Back