Buying a new truck...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which truck would YOU buy?

• Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4X4 Crewcab LTZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nissan Titan 4X4 LE Crewcab

• Toyota Tundra 4X4 Crewmax Limited

• Total voters
I have a tundra just a great TRUCK, long bed I use it for rough work ,
clean it once a year (when I go elk Huntin) Pulls a horse trailer in the mountains with ease (not highway either) You can beat the hell out of a Toyota but if you want looks :D well take what appeals to you.
Reclub

I own a 99 silverado lt. Awesome. 112,000 miles only problem i've had is the power window let go to the tune of 400 bucks. Brakes for these trucks is very expensive. Other than that I love it. I am a tall guy, and my brother has a tundra, not as much legroom, but I do like the truck. Drive them and buy the one you like best. My silverado hauls my 27 foot camper with no problems at all. Came with the wire harness to hook up electric brakes, so it was just a matter of plugging in too. I think fair to say all three are good trucks. I would buy a chevy with my las experience owning one. Gas mileage rots in mine, 5.3 plus heavy foot, = 15 mpg overall. I love the take off.

The problem with all the written rags so far as product reviews is that you really do not know who/what can be trusted. I would take owner opinions stated directly to be worth more than any magazine article.

Per my experiences with Toyota and Chevrolet cars and trucks... buy the Toyota.

Well the truck issue has been settled! I went with a Chevrolet Silverado 1500 crew 4X4 LTZ with a VortecMAX 6.0. It was outfitted basically exactly like I wanted! The dealer had to go to Kentucky to get it! So far I REALLY like it!

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

What do you THINK?

congrates that is a fine lookin truck, it will look better with the first drops of deer blood in the back!

Awesome truck! I love black, but prolly won't own a black one again. Pain to keep looking clean. I am assuming it has leather and heated seats ?

I like it... it's very nice!

didnt they have it in RED ?? :lol:

Red and silver would be nice but it is a good looking truck in basic black.

Doohan said:
I like it... it's very nice!

didnt they have it in RED ?? :lol:

That particular truck was hard to find! I basically told the dealer that I wanted a Silverado 1500 Crew 4X4 LTZ...it HAD to have 20 inch rims/tires, electric sliding rear window, VortecMAX 6.0 engine, and 20 inch rims but NO navigation(I like my NUVI!), in velocity red, summit white, ebony, or silver birch metallic. It also could NOT have the light cashmere(tan) interior.

So that's the truck they came up with. All the way from Kentucky!

That is beautiful. Although mine if victory RED!!

I bet with that motor you have a lot of snap to it. I have the smaller V8 and it will really scream down the road but still gets good mileage. A very nice looking rig there...

I actualy I really like the color. I was just surprised it wasnt red...

I dont think you be short on power anytime soon! How is it on gas vs your old truck?

How is it on gas vs your old truck?

First tank...14.5mpg mixed driving. BTW DIC(drivers information center) said 14.3mpg... both figures better than I was expecting for the first tank!

Back