Combination scope base / aperture sight sight???s

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jascoesens

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Check this out. http://www.eabco.com/Muzzleloader03.htm. This seems like the perfect scope base, especially if you use QD Scope rings.
Unfortunately AE Brown Co. only has these peep/ribs for T/Cs Omega & Encore or CVA's Optima & Kodiak rifles.
Here's my question. What is the diameter of these barrels at the scope base mounting area. My KRB has a 1.090" diameter. If either of the T/C barrels or CVA barrels are the same Diameter, I might consider having a smithy drill & tap my barrel.
So,--- Would owners of these model rifles please measure your barrel diameter & report back?

OR-- do you have any suggestions to accomplish the same thing? Thanks!

James

I had one of these on an Omega.. I thought it was a very good product!

2006rangepics%20350.jpg

It would be GREAT for an area that doesn't allow scope but you can still experiment with loads using a scope.

Omega barrel diameter is 1 inch..

I would just figure out which one would line up best with your hole pattern and just drill and countersink the base to match your Knight hole pattern. You know at least one hole will line up, the most you will have to drill is three. The smaller radius on the base could be opened up with some sandpaper wrapped around a dowel or steel rod the right diameter.

Don't drill and tap the rifle to fit the base, drill and countersink the base to fit your rifle. The tighter radius on the base would still work unmodified, you will just have a little airspace in the crown.

OR...

Call the company and tell them to get off their duffs and make some up for the Knights.

B-Square isn't too cool about showing all their products on their website. I don't know if that is something that could only be purchased from Brown or if you might be able to get something direct from B-Square.

Drill and countersink the base then bed the bottom of the base to the top of the rifle

DC

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure how much effort & $s I want to put into this idea. I really don't expect to shoot without a scope D/T my mature eyes.

6x6, Thanks for the Omega measurement.

James

Latest posts

Back