Copper ML with Synthetic stock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool,

I think one of the guys at Cooper's name was Glen? He was a member here. Maybe search out another thread he had and Pm Him?

I have a .45 cooper and my buddy Scott has one . I was a little disappointed I could not get mine to shoot at all . I ended up sending the gun to Jeff Fisk (Be still) Jeff had to shorten both our firing pins also bed both guns under the rear tang . Both guns were bedded under the action but had no bedding under the rear tang causing the barrel to rock in the stock . Accuracy with my gun was horrible . Jeff Fisk has my gun shooting good now . I was ready to give up on the gun . Jeff truly does amazing work the gun was useless to me before Jeff worked his magic.

Dougs136Schwartz said:
I have a .45 cooper and my buddy Scott has one . I was a little disappointed I could not get mine to shoot at all . I ended up sending the gun to Jeff Fisk (Be still) Jeff had to shorten both our firing pins also bed both guns under the rear tang . Both guns were bedded under the action but had no bedding under the rear tang causing the barrel to rock in the stock . Accuracy with my gun was horrible . Jeff Fisk has my gun shooting good now . I was ready to give up on the gun . Jeff truly does amazing work the gun was useless to me before Jeff worked his magic.

Not that I could ever afford one, unless I sold my wife (keep your eyes on the classified section) but this above makes the decision very easy for me. If Doug can't get it to shoot I have zero chance.

Dougs136Schwartz said:

Doug,

Just curious but did you talk to Cooper about the problems?

I did not but my buddy called and he did . They never offered to send the gun back for repairs

Bob yes you did make a few good shots with the gun but if I remember correctly then you couldn't get the gun to even fire when you gave it back to me .

I couldn't get the gun to shoot nor could Jeff Fisk . Maybe they will shoot paper patched bullets ? I bought the gun to shoot Blackhorn 209 . All I know is that after Jeff Fisk shortened my fireing pin and bedded the rifle now the gun will shoot . Bob If you still want to trade your 500 for this Cooper let me know. That Knight 500 will shoot circles around the Cooper .

Dougs136Schwartz said:
I did not but my buddy called and he did . They never offered to send the gun back for repairs

Thanks. That don't give anyone the warm and fuzzys does it? :(

Thanks. That don't give anyone the warm and fuzzys does it? :([/quote]

No it does not . I asked my buddy Scott again what was said . I wanted to make sure I did not miss speak .

Latest posts

Back