CVA Optima V-2 still ok to buy new?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Heat and AT. I also just got an Optima and haven't shot it yet but have given it a good cleaning and barrel polishing. Just curious what you recipe is that you are shooting. Just looking for a starting point and will fine tune from there.
Thanks

I love my CVA Optima V2 so much, I just purchased the matching pistol, color & print, last night! It's on back order, but I will get it, one day! Only issue I had with mine was due to not getting the trigger area totally clean. Also, when you get it, take the scope off & use a drop of blue lock tite on the rail mounting screws, mine weren't tightened up, not sure if they were put on at the factory or the store, & after a year, they came loose, missed a perfect rack 8pt because of it! But my little brother got it, a couple minutes later, so it's all good.

Hit the range with the Optima this morning. Tried Powerbelt 245 copper hollowpoints and 250 grain SST. Stuck with 90 grains 777, Cheddite primer. Got repeatable, minute of black circle @ 100 yard performance from each bullet without adjusting the scope. Gun is a shooter, no doubt!

Latest posts

Back