CVA Optima V2 50 cal LR nitride rifle scope question?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobcat_trapper

Reaction score
Ok i got to looking i have a nikon 3x9x40 BDC scope. New in package. If i sighted the scope in at a 100 yards. Shooting max blackhorn with a 250 gr sst sabot. Woud that nikon bdc scope work on a muzzleloader? Or will i have to buy a muzzleloader scope? It came with a Konus 3x9x40 ml scope. Would the lines work right on the nikon bdc scope like the Konus scope? If i sighted nikon in at a 100 yards?

Its not that cut and dry. Nikon no longer supports anything scope related. Getting any technical data from them might no longer be an option either. Nikon used to make no less than 2 ML scopes. The Inline XR and 1 or more Omega scopes. That load will be fairly close to a 450 Bushmaster and they sell ammo with a very similar SST bullet.

Personally i would never trust any of that until you shoot and verify drops at the ranges you want to shoot. Knowing actual MV and claimed BC wont always add upto what you hoped is going to happen.

Back