Devalued?!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty deep. At least as deep as the factory stamps on the RHS of the barrel. Thought about filing and or displacing the metal but I don’t think it would ever look good.

Just hunt with the darn thing.you got a good deal.the stock,the trigger, the bolt is worth what you paid.if knight has a sale like last year you can get a new barrel and still have not over paid.don’t go by the price knight has on the web site, by the time you pay all the fees it’s probably 1200 tyd

I think the seller was less than upfront for sure, however I've participated in TWRF raffles and would have been happy to have won something from them, engraved or not. Knowing that its that and not some yahoo's personal info... it wouldn't bother me in the least. Actually its pretty cool. I still might reach out to the seller and share your mind, maybe he'll concede a little $ back to you for hiding it. Definitely should have been disclosed and could have easily been done. They chose not to. Nice rifle, good luck with it!

He would be sending me money back just out of principle and Gunbroker would get hate mail. He had lots of pics but didn't disclose a Major change to that gun.

Appears to be a "banquet" or "fundraiser" rifle for an excellent cause. Whatever, to me, it's the same as a "presentation" firearm - sets it apart from one sold off the shelf at Bass Pro and certainly adds to the history of that individual piece.

Having attended and donated to many worthy causes and organizations over the years, I can almost guarantee if it was sold at a banquet auction or raffled off, the rifle "Sold" or brought in more than you paid for it. Years ago, I won a D.U. banquet shotgun. It became my son's first duck gun. Still have it, still shoot it. Neat gun, but now it has memories.

To close the loop, the seller was fantastic. Gun is back in Tennessee and he gave a full refund. Very high marks for communication and resolution on this one.

For you boys that were interested… it’s back on gunbroker and listed as “TWRF” with a clear photo in the ad. Happy bidding!

Latest posts

Back