Devils Advocate....350gr FPB.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah,,,,you're right. The Powerlessbelts are alot to handle. I'll let the guys shooting the pure lead 610gr. conicals know that they're wasting their time. In fact,,,most of the guys over there are shooting the 4-500gr. "sub-wusssy" bullets with complete pass-thrus. (very few bullets are recovered,,so please excuse me for not providing pics of sand-bucket bullets)

I'll also let Bullshop Dan know that his bullets suck. (although he's sold almost a ton of them) Pure "hype",,I'm sure,,since the DWBs designed 3 or 4 of them for him. Heck,,,we even sent him a few moulds just for the Whites. (Shame on us) How he makes a living casting bullets just amazes me.

I'll also email Doc White and let him know that Utah isn't in America. :roll: :roll:

hey if u need a 600 grain bullet to kill a deer, by golly thats gotta be the size of a buffalo! :lol:

And Bat, the way you are so rude to people, You'd have to do a lot to convince me to buy a white rifle now.

I dont tell you what the shoot now do i?

I've shot BS but its a hassle having to know what size i need, if it will work and especially not knowing how long they will be in production and when he will shut the shop down for vacation.

Bat - maybe if Dan started charging more then $1 ea, the BS's would be better? :D

And last I knew, Alaska was part of the US - unless they moved it when they moved Utah.

Steve

frontier gander do you sleep with the owner of Powerbelts?....can't figure out your sycophantic fascination with them..........

Take a CVA, two pellets, a Powerbelt and call yourself.

Thwack er track, yer choice.

I still think it should be universally illegal to push plastic down the bore of a rifle. 8)

And Bat, the way you are so rude to people, You'd have to do a lot to convince me to buy a white rifle now.

I'm usually only rude to idiots. Please accept my apology.

I don't WANT you to purchase a White rifle. You'd just hurt yourself. 8)

I prefer a rifle that doesn't need an alleged (in my case) great warrenty.

Steve

SteveB said:
Still see no reason.

I can pt 80 gr of T7 under a 460 BS or NE (both less then $.50)
and have a devastating, great performing load from 1 to 150 yds.
Farther if I practice more and have a solid rest.

There is no reason to carry a load I cannot shoot at certain ranges.
None.

Steve

Yeah! I agree! But I can't BELIEVE Bat hasn't gotten you to shoot 75-80gr fffg Swiss BP! You slackin' Bat?

Steve...you found a softer wall yet?

But I can't BELIEVE Bat hasn't gotten you to shoot 75-80gr fffg Swiss BP! You slackin' Bat?

Nope,,Steve is doin' just fine. :wink: 8)

Swiss is just our subliminal attempt to take over the World. :lol: :wink:

Thicker helmet :D

Just picked up a couple lbs of Swiss - heading to the light.

Steve

Now thats one powder i would like to try! Swiss is supposed to be a darn good powder that offers more kick to it.

frontier gander said:
60 yd shot out of a .45 - 195 grainer on top of 3 pellets.

Common mistake when you're only thinking in FPS terms.

Those 195s do hold up great with 80 grains. 225 will handle 80 grains 3f triple 7 which i believe is close to or a little over 100g of pyrodex.

Always have used 80 to 90 grains loose powder with the 295s and i prefer the lower charge as they drop them in their tracks.

Stick with high powder charges with the heavier saboted pistol bullets.

Pure lead has its limits.

I dont seen any one pushing a great plains, maxiball-maxi hunter, BS or no excuse with 150 grains powder.

You are right... 150gr of pellets is way to fast for a 195pb.. The load was sub MOA out to 200 yards out of my CVA Optima Pro. But lets face it.. I didnt buy a .45 to shoot 80gr of powder.. Loose pyro at that.

A 200 SW would have done much better. .. At that speed and distance..

Besides that, Ohio deer are big bodied and it is not uncommon to harvest a 200lb doe. From the photos you have posted it looks like your typical harvest might be under that in live weight. I'm guessing that goes a long way in your better performance.

I'm just not a powerbelt fan.. most likely never will be. :cry: :? :D

my little old deercreek .45 i had was a 150-175 yarder with the 225AT and 80g T7 3f. That was one smooth operating load right there.

Back