Do I Make Plans?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot1

Reaction score
Ok I have spells dealing with Arthritis in Spine, Arms, legs and Fingers. I can't take Anti Inflammatory because of other Medication, all I can take is Pain Medication. Last Fall I had made plans going Deer Hunting, had spent money on Guns and such and put in for a hunt which I was Drawn. Then Arthritis put me down where I couldn't do anything.

Ok started feeling better doing different work around here and working out in the Gym.

Ok have been getting set up for Spring Turkey Hunting. All of a sudden I find myself down. My wife says in time I will feel ok again, not sure when or for how long.

My question is Turkey Season starts in a few weeks do I go ahead and buy things needed whether I go or not?

oneshot

Oneshot, I can't imagine what you would need, for as many years of Turkey hunting that you've done.  When you're feeling good, go set up a comfortable lawn chair, brush it in a little.  Then sneak in early when the season opens, sit down and relax.  I'm sure you have several calls, a couple of shells and a shotgun.  Maybe a decoy but I'm sure you can entice that old tom to come a looking either way. Keep it simple.

I'll be heading down to Unionville, MO.  area for opener myself.  Love Missouri.

I understand how you feel oneshot!

My look on it... You can either sit around the house in pain, or you can go out and do something you love, with the same amount of pain.

Go turkey hunting.

I feel the same way. I'd rather be in pain hunting.

Go hunting if you can handle it and not hurt yourself doing it.

Hard to sit still when you're hurting like hell. However, if your budget can stand it, take a chance.

Ok right now all I need is stakes for my Decoys. Was going to buy couple more Decoys. I just got the Shotgun set up, got 7 Shells, got couple Pot Calls. Can't use Mouth Calls anymore I don't have teeth. Have a Blind Chair I like.

The way my Arthritis acts up now I can't hardly walk, that is what kept me at home Deer season, plus if I got a Deer I couldn't get it out even with a Cart.

Got a Blind I was going to pack out. Was going to take it down and hide it because can't leave a Blind up over night. But I can't get a Blind out there now.

No if my Arthritis is still acting up there really is no way I can hunt. I would have to take Pain Medication and Legally I'm not to drive much less hunt.

I think I will go ahead and get the Stakes and possibly a Red Dot Scope for the Shotgun. If I feel good enough I'll have what I need.

oneshot

If there's any chance oneshot 1 that you can get out in the field and hunt even one day I'd get your things ready.  I've had years with BIG hunting plans which never materialized at the very last minute for one reason or another.  I always seem to manage though to get in at least one day of hunting somehow with those years and that got me by whether successful or not.   I made the mistake one year of not bothering to get ready...and that bothered me much more than anything.  I will not do that again.

I would get ready, just in case I could go hunting. I agree with Marty it would be a pill if you did not get ready and found that the arthritis went quiet on you and you could have gone. sorry to hear you are in such difficulty. 

cheers 

Gordon

I have a similar problem getting meat out due to my bum back. I have to get help with it.

Can you do the same thing? Any friends that will help you?

OldMtnMan said:
I have a similar problem getting meat out due to my bum back. I have to get help with it.

Can you do the same thing? Any friends that will help you?
Went through this with my kids they are all gung ho until comes right down to it. It is as usual me and my wife, I hate putting her through this anymore she is working and 60 years old. Anymore with her it is just doing repairs on the house in her spare time.

Got 6 Kids you would think one.

One thing is I can fish. Like I told my wife I'm not very fast getting to a line anymore the fish just has to hang on until I get there.

oneshot

it s better to have and not need then to need and not have
Go for the turkey. where you live can you get a handicap permt t use a 4 wheeler to get to your spot and use it to drag out a deer ? Here in NYS you can use one to get to your spot justcasnnot shoot off it and you can use it to drag out a deer. Hope this helps. I have severe back and knee problems, not as bad as yours so I can only imagine the pain you are in.

rebs said:
Go for the turkey. where you live can you get a handicap permt t use a 4 wheeler to get to your spot and use it to drag out a deer ? Here in NYS you can use one to get to your spot justcasnnot shoot off it and you can use it to drag out a deer. Hope this helps. I have severe back and knee problems, not as bad as yours so I can only imagine the pain you are in.
Nope I asked about this. They won't let me where I hunt and if they did I need someone with me and it is only on certain days.

Maybe I will be better by the season. The only two kids that might help said tuff go fishing.

oneshot

oneshot 1 said:
rebs said:
Nope I asked about this. They won't let me where I hunt and if they did I need someone with me and it is only on certain days.

Maybe I will be better by the season. The only two kids that might help said tuff go fishing.

oneshot
what do they mean tuff go fishing ? are they not sympathic to your needs ?

rebs said:
oneshot 1 said:
rebs said:

oneshot
what do they mean tuff go fishing ? are they not sympathic to your needs ?
No they don't care far as they are concerned hunting is what I want to do so why put them out helping me.

Today got up hurting. We had to go into town so I picked up some Garden Seed. Got a little 4X10 foot Garden spot planted. Fixed couple Tires.

While I was moving felt better but when I stopped that was it. :x

oneshot

oneshot if we lived closer I would definately help you get out and hunt. If you lived here I could legally take you in a side by side 4 wheeler and help you get out, only thing is you cannot shoot while on the 4 wheeler, you need to get off

Thanks for the offer rebs.

Well found out today you don't ask for prayers for Arthritis in Church because most everyone has Arthritis and they say live with it kid. LOL

Had a woman at Church tell me today I remind her of her Grandfather :shock:  Boy that sure helped matters.

oneshot

try another church that do pray for things like that. my pastor and i were praying together for a older man(he wasnt their) who as a nerve disorder that can kill him. we prayed hard and the pastor said, i felt something happening.it did, i was healed of a bad rt. sided inguinal hernia with out even asking God about it. it has never come back. completely healed. we are methodist who believe in praying for needs, all of them. try another church that does the same.

Latest posts

Back