Finally bagged one with the bow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonyencore

Reaction score
Neckpexbuck_zpsd112f961.jpg

He came in grunting about 6:45 Monday morning.  I had just pulled my bow up and nocked an arrow.  He gave me a quartering away shot at 27 yards.  The Tekkan II broadhead took out the liver and went thru the top of the heart.  He ran 60 yards and and crashed.  It is the same buck my nephew shot in the neck with his Apex 2 years ago with an Aerolite. Probably a 5 year old buck.  Weighed in at 205lbs.  Shot him with a Mathews Reezen.

:cheers: 
WOW :!: WOW :!: AWESOME BUCK :!: :!: :!:  CONGRATS big time on that 11 PT'er. :cheers: I can see him on the wall now. ;)  

Ray..............:shooter:

Hawg, that's exactly where I'm going to put him.  The taxidermist said $475.  It was an expensive hunt but one that I will always remember.  First time I had seen this deer since 2011.
MLN, I was surprised as well.  He hit him right where we thought he did.  Dead center of the neck, right where it meets the shoulder. We had the hunt on video and it is very surprising he didn't go down that day.  There wasn't a drop of blood, and he walked off like he was fine.  It must have poked a clean hole with no mushroom is all I can think.  Couldn't have missed the spine by millimeters!

Wow! Nice buck. Looks like he couldn't decide whether to be a whitetail or a muley.  :lol:

I'd have him mounted for sure.

Funny Pato, I was thinking the same thing about the species. Great hunt Tony and that is a very nice buck.

Good job Tony. Glad to see you got one down. I must admit I am a bit disappointed you switched from Bowtech to Mathews. LOL. Just messing with you buddy.

To tell you the truth, it is a loaner bow.  My nephew begged the Assassin out of me and couldn't find a bow this year that I wanted to purchase.  But I will admit, this Mathews is pretty fast and is quieter than any bow I have ever shot.  I had a very difficult shot to execute and the bow put it on the mark.  Probably more luck than skill, but I will take it.

Thanks for the congratulations guys. He does have a unique looking rack, has the muley split, nothing around this area like him that I've seen while scouting. The only difference in his rack is the split G3.  Other than that, the rack is almost identical to the 2011 rack.  He has put on a couple extra pounds, I have kinda done say the same since 2011. :oops:

:cheers:  What an awesome hunt and a unique trophy...he will be quite the conversation piece with that muley-ish rack :!:  What a great first bow-buck ;) 

---------------------------------------------------
p.s.  TONY, I'm a big fan of single cam bows..that's why I can't part with my BEAR Superstrike.  That Mathews looks like an awesome bow.  

I'll be headed for the woods with my bow again this Saturday to try my luck...peak of the rut is upon me. :bounce: 

------------------------------------------
p.s. BTW...That's a great pic. :) 

Tony......FANTASTIC BUCK!!!! I can see the excitement still on your face in the pic & rightfully so! That is a fabulous wall hanger & you did a fine job of harvesting him :)  Congratulations :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

That's a great looking buck! It takes a lot to take one with a bow. Congratulations on your first.

Thanks again fellas. It always makes it better when you can share your success with others. I hope everyone gets their opportunity on an animal and makes the most of it. I'm taking my fifteen year old daughter next weekend on a quest for her first buck.  I don't know who was happier when I brought my buck home, me or her!  
Thanks for all the kind words and compliments. Best of luck to you all.

Great trophy, he'll make an awesome mount. You'll find taking your daughter hunting will bring the experience to a whole new level. Congratulations.

Back