Got Coreys CVA Hawken

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol i saw that. what can you do, they dont listen. 80gr max with that bullet

oops, I was a little high on what I posted but I did post what I am shooting this year.

bet you are itching to shoot my hawkens :p

i know I am. :twisted: I gotta get some nipples for my new englander.

Already have shot it! LOL. It fired perfectly too once i got it unblocked. I am going to spend some time cleaning out the channel just to make sure everything is ok. No delay or anything.

Woke up this morning and the barrel has a very nice thin layer of rust! I'll be wiping it down in a moment and applying another thin coat of LMF.

not bad for 2 coats. Its going along pretty well,
Picture.jpg

No problem! We have plenty of time before its ready to go on the barrel. Its gotten a little darker now that #3 coat. I will let it sit over night and then add another in the AM

Cant do a thing until i have the lock back together. I will go take a look at my brothers right now and see how his is set up.

Did you notice when you would screw in the pressure setting screw thats on the tumber, it would freeze up the lock? Its not making contact with the sear to put pressure and lighten the trigger pull.

Ok, confirmed, Order a new Sear.

Yours is bent upwards ( the part the engages the tumber) and also has the tip broken off.

Looks like that will be the last of the parts that need to be ordered.

I look on dixie for the sight too, they are the only ones so far I can find the sear.

kill 2 birds with one stone. :roll:

i dont think i saw the sight on dixie but look around and if you see something else that you like post the link so i can be sure it will fit.

1st and 3rd will not work.

#2 will work fine but it looks like i will have to enlarge the sight hole to add better lighting and a clearer view of the front sight. No biggie at all.

yeah me too i liked the hooked ends that curve in. Maybe to help block the sunlight from shining down so hard?

I have that page book marked when it is time to order I won't have to look for it. the sear is easy to find

Sounds good. Got plenty of time.

What did you have in mind with the stock?

Latest posts

Back