Got Coreys CVA Hawken

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to wait till I got it back and figure it out from there. you said it had to be a water based stains?

Yeah i was looking at it and kind of wanted to do the stock for you. I'll buy the supplies, you've spent enough as it is.

I was just wondering if you liked the lighter color stains or dark reddish brown.

go and head and do it. you seen the ones I do. normally my wife helps me with the colors.

reddish brown.

Cool, I'll try my best to get that crack to fill in the same color as the rest of the stock.

Yeah but just wait till you get the bill, You'll be wishin that you would have done it :twisted:

Just kiddin LOL

lol you wont find either one of those rifles fun once you get this one back!

I have a feeling that once you load this one up with a Powerbelt, there wont be no turnin back.

It looks like a great sight. I'll test it out for ya just to make sure :lol:

It was a huge relief to get that bore unplugged lol. I saw the smoke come out of it and it was a load off my chest :D

i'll try some stripper on the stock and fine sand it. May as well go get a plastic ziplock and take the brass off her.

this is the 4th coat, still wet.
Picture472.jpg

Yes i agree. Now if i had the lighting to show it better ..... Its getting there! Have to wash it between coats now so the scale doesnt build up to thick. Its going on very even.

Latest posts

Back