hand warmers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, they do have an odor. So, not good for deer hunting. Mine had sort of velvet drawstring bag. You placed it into the bag after it was lit. You could put it inside your pocket or a jacket and it would still keep heating.
They do have an odor, which is not good for deer hunting. I have used them for ice fishing though.

I ended up ordering these last night, $22.49 for two. Started thinking about all the hot hands I use and decided this was a better route. Dang enablers will get ya every time!!😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221211_115101_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221211_115101_Chrome.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 0
My son bought me 2 electric ones 3 yrs ago for Christmas and last year he got me an electric vest. I stay toasty warm. Sometimes too cozy and fall asleep!
Do you know which vest it was? I was contemplating one for next season. There are some that get good reviews, and others that are DOA after a couple uses. I want to get a decent one.

I get to the point of falling asleep too, but in my case it's hypothermia setting in 😄. Actually, I layer up pretty good and stay pretty comfortable.

I would look for a vest that can use any good USB power bank. Get a couple power banks so you can swap out anytime you want. A bunch of the new ones support very high level charge rates. They even have 40k mah models that will probably run 4 times longer than the lipo battery these electric warmers have.

Notice the watts and amp ratings on the power banks. This one for example is 65watt and does 3amps at all voltages. It will basically charge any new device with the PD and QC3 support too. Look on the power bank that comes with your vest. Its specs should be listed on it or in your manual.
https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Charger-Baseus-20000mAh-Charging/dp/B08THCNNCS

Last edited:
Do you know which vest it was? I was contemplating one for next season. There are some that get good reviews, and others that are DOA after a couple uses. I want to get a decent one.

I get to the point of falling asleep too, but in my case it's hypothermia setting in 😄. Actually, I layer up pretty good and stay pretty comfortable.
Mine is made by Ororo

I had one of those a long time ago and quit using it because of the smell!

I wish my toes were like that.
I bought a pair of the Artic Shield booties from Cabelas years ago and I absolutely love em! Put em on as soon as you get on stand and my feet stay nice and warm! The insoles from hot hands work good too!

I bought a pair of the Artic Shield booties from Cabelas years ago and I absolutely love em! Put em on as soon as you get on stand and my feet stay nice and warm! The insoles from hot hands work good too!
Ive got a set of those Boot Blankets. They work well but theyre pretty bulky. I use them mainly ice fishing.

They are a little bulky but I just stick one inside of the other and carry em on my waist pack belt. They do work good!

My biggest problem in the stand are my feet. Makes sense I suppose; standing on a metal stand with air flow all around. I got my stand up and situated a little before 6 this morning. Three hours was it for me. I've since been waging a ground war!

Back