Hello from Florida

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy4s

Reaction score
Hi, New owner of an older (2004) CVA Optima in.45 caliber. Starting into muzzleloaders late in life. I gun hunt and shoot my bow, reload my Ruger Compact .243, Ruger Blackhawk .357, and cast my own bullets when I am not installing cabinets. I would like to look in to getting a breech plug to shoot the 209 powder, and this looks like a good place to start. Looking forward to my new sport, and extending my hunting season a little. Thanks, Randy

Welcome Randy. A lot of us here started with the same “looking to extend my season”. But that turns into a passion once you discover how much fun muzzleloaders are.

Hi, New owner of an older (2004) CVA Optima in.45 caliber. Starting into muzzleloaders late in life. I gun hunt and shoot my bow, reload my Ruger Compact .243, Ruger Blackhawk .357, and cast my own bullets when I am not installing cabinets. I would like to look in to getting a breech plug to shoot the 209 powder, and this looks like a good place to start. Looking forward to my new sport, and extending my hunting season a little. Thanks, Randy
Welcome Randy. :welcome:
Your current plug can be modified to shoot bh209 and use a replacable liner too. I really like the older cva .45s, great guns imho.

Howdy Randy!
I started here too to extend the season.
I’ve learned everything I’ve needed to know HERE. I’m still learning lots, too!
These guys are very helpful. Use the search functions to look up specifics and READ READ READ. Then ask questions.
03mossy is right, it becomes a passion! Another rabbit hole in life!

Welcome to the group. Where in Fl are you? I'm in north central Fl

Back