Help** CVA Accura v2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO Your problem HAS to be the bullet. Try something in a sabot and I bet your problem goes away. As was stated above, something happens to the bullet between 2-300 yards my guess also is the supersonic transition, with a short, fat bullet, this transition would be much worse than a long “heavy for caliber” bullet.
Even with a 100 yd zero and a dead center hold at 300, you’re not gonna drop 8-10 feet. That bullet is either deploying a parachute or its tumbling.

SS is shooting a scope you can buy for under a hundred bucks! I read guys on this site saying you can't depend on anything less than a $1,500 Nightforce because of the violent recoil of our chosen rifles.
If it were bullets and/or sabots I think it would be a common and well known problem. I have not heard of anything like this in my 65 years of shooting.

SS is shooting a scope you can buy for under a hundred bucks! I read guys on this site saying you can't depend on anything less than a $1,500 Nightforce because of the violent recoil of our chosen rifles.
If it were bullets and/or sabots I think it would be a common and well known problem. I have not heard of anything like this in my 65 years of shooting.
I'm not saying it's the greatest scope out there by any means, however the Konus that came one my Optima V2 has drastically out performed all my expectations. I have heard others with bad experiences but sofar I haven't a Negative comment about it and plan to throw one on a second pole I picked up

Sorry, just can't buy "something happens to the bullet".
Hello I am new here to the site and have been just reading posts and absorbing all the info. I shoot mz for deer hunting and just for fun. I am also a PRS shooter, we shoot out past 1200 yds. Bullets do funky things when they pass from supersonic to subsonic, i.e. they pass the transonic barrier. Whether you can buy it or not it is a known phenomenon, look it up. Powerbelts have a bad BC so something could be happening to them when they pass the transonic barrier. Try a sabot like Barnes to see if they have the same effect.

Yah, I remember when the theory as to why the armed services went to .223 during Vietnam, was that the bullets tumbled and did more damage to the enemy lol.

Didn't mean to offend. Sometimes it's tempting to play devil's advocate just to get definitive information on a subject that one is actually curious about. I respect your opinion and I too am in the dark about what's happening with this. I think we all agree on one thing.....it's strange!
Stay safe.

Latest posts

Back