Help with load for T/C omega?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby5

Reaction score
ive been out of the game for a while and just picked up a T/C omega and was wondering if you guys could recommend me a load and bullet combo. With all the new powders im behind the times. What is the best cleaner to use? Do you clean after every shot sighting it in? This is my first decent inline my other muzzleloader is a t/c hawken so the inline thing is new to me. Thanks for the help

A T/C Omega is tailor made for BH 209. The BP is perfect for Blackhorn. I tried many combo's and found that mine loves 100gr volume and a regular 300gr XTP using a short black Harvester sabot. This load's been keeping the freezer full for many years! No need to clean between shots. Hoppe's #9 cleans the bore easily target new.JPG

Last edited:
I’ve had good luck with a lot of combos out of my Omega. Two favorites are 110 grains 777 and either a 300 grain Speer gold dot or 290 Barnes TMZ

Depends what you are going to be hunting with it. I like the Barnes 290gr TEZ, 77gr (weighed on a scale) Blackhorn 209, FED209A shotshell primer for deer with the possibility of shooting a moose at the same time I wanted a load that I could shoot both with.

thanks for the info i appreciate it. Itll be strictly whitetails and all shots are under 100 yards.

Hornady .44/240gr XTP or Speer .44/240 DeepCurl. 100-110 gr BH209. Perfect for whitetail out to 150 yards. You can buy either in boxes of 100. Green harvester sabots work for me.

I do prefer the DeepCurls as they are a bonded bullet and hold together better than the XTPs but either will put venison in your freezer.

Latest posts

Back