Howdy from AZ

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stlyt

Reaction score
New to sight , been shooting smoke poles for a few years . Started out with T/C Hawken . 45 & T/C Hawken .50 & .54 ... bought my first in-line Remington ML , then went to a Knight 209 Disc .50 ( all iron sights ) . Just purchased the CVA Paramount Pro .50 Colorado, for an AZ elk hunt this year, will not be using the Williams sights included with model and want to run a 3-9X 40mm , just not sure what to pair it with ....working with a $500- $600 budget. Have hunted Oregon, TX , NM , AZ & MN .... looking forward to this years elk hunt, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello from Old Town Scottsdale. Good luck on your upcoming elk hunt. I got lucky last year and got a 6X6 bull with my Thompson Center Impact. It's not the most expensive smokepole but it gets the job done. I mentioned in one post a while back that I have a couple buds that have more expensive rifles and they where just a bit envious when the Impact was pushing Barnes 290 grain TEZ bullets at 2000 fps with Blackhorn 209 and keeping really tight groups at 100 yards. It certainly stopped the bull in his tracks while the rest of the herd took off.

Hello from Old Town Scottsdale. Good luck on your upcoming elk hunt. I got lucky last year and got a 6X6 bull with my Thompson Center Impact. It's not the most expensive smokepole but it gets the job done. I mentioned in one post a while back that I have a couple buds that have more expensive rifles and they where just a bit envious when the Impact was pushing Barnes 290 grain TEZ bullets at 2000 fps with Blackhorn 209 and keeping really tight groups at 100 yards. It certainly stopped the bull in his tracks while the rest of the herd took off.

Thanks for sharing ! ..... having to put a bid in for BH209 on GunBroker.com , cant find it available anywhere !!!

Back