I Like Beer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pabst Schlitz I drank Schlitz as a kid went to Pabst now

000_1310.jpg

oneshot

We share the same generation growing-up oneshot1.  You be a braver man than I :bow:  for admitting to have downed some of  the 'Colonel's forbidden brews!

Local custom brews are turning people into beer snobs just like the know-it-all wine snobs that taste a "bit of fruit and acid" and whatever crap enters their heads.

If you like it, drink it. It's as simple as that.

Pato, I don't think I'm a snob just because I drink my beer with my "little pinky finger" in the air.  :lol:

I drank some Strohs Signature, Hamms, OLympia, Heidelburg, and good ole Rainier in my younger days. Drank some Pabst, Old Style to. But Im not fond of any of those anymore. I can barley choke down a Bud Light. Al

I like Oly. I liked Iroquois when I was in upstate NY but I hear that it is no more.

There are many regional beers I've never tried: Hamm's, Heileman's Old Style, Drewry's, Meister Brau, Heidelburg, Jax, Utica Club, Rheingold, Lone Star, Bohemian, etc.

I'd better get busy.

Snobs? Oenophiles (wine connoisseurs) are snobs?
How can they be snobs when they can describe a wine: "Deep purple color. There’s the faintest soupçon of asparagus and just a flutter of Edam cheese. Aromas of rich dark currants, nectarine skins, gushing blackberry, but lots of fragrant tobacco, rich soil, white flowers, smashed minerals and metal. Medium-bodied and saucy but racy acidity stabilizes the wine nicely with the robust tannins. Deep red currants and ripe cherries, laden with mocha, loamy soil, charred herbs, pencil shavings, roasted hazelnut. A torrid macadamia nut aftertaste and South American sushi undertones are entangled." :D

I don't  have much of a taste for alcohol. However, there are some wines I can tolerate. What I have discovered about wines aging is:
“Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it.”
Ron

up in the black hill of s.dak not far from sturgis their is a winery. they make wine out of wild fruit and berries. if you ever get a chance to drink some of their red ass rhubarb made from rhubarb of course, man it is good and it is very popular. their black currant wine is really good also.

My wife thought she would get smart one time. Let me go out with no money. Got enough for Everclear and some Coke. Found a party.

Come home more messed up than I ever had. :twisted:  My wife said well that didn't work :x Never do that again.

oneshot

RonC said:
Snobs? Oenophiles (wine connoisseurs) are snobs?
How can they be snobs when they can describe a wine: "Deep purple color. There’s the faintest soupçon of asparagus and just a flutter of Edam cheese. Aromas of rich dark currants, nectarine skins, gushing blackberry, but lots of fragrant tobacco, rich soil, white flowers, smashed minerals and metal. Medium-bodied and saucy but racy acidity stabilizes the wine nicely with the robust tannins. Deep red currants and ripe cherries, laden with mocha, loamy soil, charred herbs, pencil shavings, roasted hazelnut. A torrid macadamia nut aftertaste and South American sushi undertones are entangled." :D

I don't  have much of a taste for alcohol. However, there are some wines I can tolerate. What I have discovered about wines aging is:
“Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it.”
Ron
Ron you left one out. Toenails you know there in there. Just like bologna you know its in there.

strong eagle said:
up in the black hill of s.dak not far from sturgis their is a winery. they make wine out of wild fruit and berries. if you ever get a chance to drink some of their red ass rhubarb made from rhubarb of course, man it is good and it is very popular. their black currant wine is really good also.
Other than the commercial PINOT GRIGIO, the only other wine I found to be very palatable was from a friend of mine who has his own small vineyard.  The particular grape was Catawba.  I don't know the Oenophile's lingo for it, so "tasty" will have to do. :lol:

I just like beer and don't mind trying various ones.  Dark beers are a favorite.  I like Fat Tire, ocasional Sam Adams and Yuengling if nothing on the menu is better.  Really don't care that much for most IPAs, though.  My favorites are from local "micro" breweries.  A dear friend's been making beer big time for years and his brews are usually awesome.  I do not drink beer very often or anything else, for that matter.  I take certain drugs for ra that don't go well with much drinking.

Wine.  I love good wines, reds, that is.  Certain ones are a favorite that I usually buy and really like Chianti.  I do keep some whiskey around and currently have some bourbon (Old Forester) and a bottle of rye (Ol' Overholt).  I partake of one or the other a couple times a week and a glass of wine for Sunday dinner.  I do not drink much and my days of getting a bit high are long ago in the past.  I take a drink sometimes just because I enjoy it and sometimes to help with the chronic pain I have to endure.

The beer, Fat tire is anti gun. Just like Pepsi supports anti hunting groups. Got to watch what product you support when you buy the simplest thing.

Bank of Un America to when I found this out I destroyed all of my cards on Bank of America credit cards. I called in closed my accounts one person I talked to wanted to know why I was closing my account. I told her tell your people Im closing it because there anti second amendment. She wanted to know what that was. Huh really?

Bank of America, don't forget, has been involved in crooked practices and thievery for years.  AND, our tax money bailed them out of $$$$ trouble; along with other crooked banks, investment firms; you name it.

Back