Javelina stocked Optima V2 pistol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew323

Reaction score
Just to update those that have expressed an interest in this build, I spoke to Doc White on the phone last Wednesday, and he has started in on the Javelina stocks for my Optima V2 pistol.

He is having ongoing issues with the torn rotator cuff tendon (s ?) in his right shoulder which he injured just shy of 2 years ago when he fell down a steep flight of stairs. He told me that this drastically limits what he can do, as well as how long he can do it.

I feel blessed that I have been able to have been fit into his work queue, and that he was willing to take on the project. No other handgun stock maker that I contacted would do so.

He will be posting images on his White Muzzleloading website of the completed pistol, mounted with a Weaver 2.5-8 × 28mm scope on the DuraSight scope base; the muzzle brakes (1 installed on the pistol); the loading funnel; the T-handle loading tool (the funnel acts as a bore guide); the knurled muzzle cap; the custom ramrods (1 under-barrel, 1 range); the push button sling swivel bases; the sling swivel & single point tactical sling; the flush mounted Spartan Classic Gunsmith Adapter in brass, and the Spartan Javelin bipod.

Take the image of the 1-pc Javelina stock, split it into a separate pistol grip, with a longer forearm extending forward of the stubby Javelina pistol grip., and mate them with the image of Optima V2 pistol. Add a push button sling swivel base to the bottom of the primary pistol grip. Place the second push button sling swivel base near the tip of the forearm.

Approximately 1" to the rear of the sling swivel base in the forearm, place the Spartan brass gunsmith adapter. Both of these fittings must be far enough in front of the stubby pistol grip so that when a sling swivel is connected, or a monopod/bipod/tripod is connected to the pistol's forearm; the knuckles of the weak hand gripping and pushing against the pistol grip, completely clear those attachments.

http://www.whitemuzzleloading.com/listing.php?id=174
My pistol WILL NOT have the reinforcing bar that connects the bottom of both pistol grips. Due to the Optima V2 pistol being a break-action firearm.

http://www.muzzle-loaders.com/cva-optima-v2-pistol-pp221sm.html
Bye-the-bye, at the time of this post, the Optima V2 pistols are still in stock at muzzle-loaders.com

The grip on the Javalina looks more ergonomic than the Optima. Looks to fill out the hand better.
I have yet to shoot my pistol but plan on using my padded shooting glove. I'm no wimp but just will be cautious.
Now I can't wait until you get your pistol.:thumb:

The grip on the Javalina looks more ergonomic than the Optima. Looks to fill out the hand better.
I have yet to shoot my pistol but plan on using my padded shooting glove. I'm no wimp but just will be cautious.
I asked Doc if he was going to need tracings of both of my hands in order to make the strong hand pistol grip. He said no, after I described the size of my hands by what size gloves I needed to purchase in order to achieve a good fit.

I asked for a smooth, no finger grooves, ambidextrous, strong hand pistol grip. With palm swells, if possible.

We will see what I finally get. I figure that if it fits his big hands (vertically), then it should definitely fit mine.

Not whimpy at all to wear a shooting glove. The hand grip on the pistol is very uncomfortable.

Back