Knight 1:20 and no excuse bullets question.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is the barrel dia of a mountaineer?he Sale .451 would this work?
Also what bullets Weight do you recommend and powder charge of Blackhorn 209 with a wad?
Thanks.
Want to try something new.

IIRC Mine will take a .451 jacketed bullet without popping a vein to load it. So best guess on mine will be .4507-.4508 on the lands. The Parker BEs i have are .4505 and load too easy but dont fall down either. They go down with 1 finger.

A lead conical shooting BH209 you will want a .452-.453 conical for lands near .450-.451. I used that combo in my Super DISC with a .060 thick veggie wad. 70-80gr of BH209 by volume should be all you need.

I think my 460s were NoExcuses sized to .451 in the Super DISC. That bore was a little tighter at .450. 80grV of BH209 and veggie wad shot great. When i chronoed that loads years ago in my MLII 45 it was 1400fps-1440fps. Been a long time but that barrel is also a 27" so it should be super close to that speed.

That’s what I was thinking on size .452 to .453.
Thanks for the info.
I did call him and he said he can send me some 45 to test fit the barrel when I order the 50 cal size kit.
I’ll just dig around some more and see what I find.

Last edited:
Those are the ones I order for my .50 cal, I'm not sure what they use for .45 cal. You can email them and ask what they have in your caliber for the weight you're looking for.

Last time i checked with him sized, lubed and pure lead for the larger ones was around $50/100
pMQiw6o.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back