Knight DISC Rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Knight DISC rifle in .51, it's stainless and hardwoods, drilled and tapped for a scope. My father bought this rifle and was going to set it up for hunting but got sick with cancer and Parkinson's and could no longer hunt and never got to it. I have no idea what the value is and would like some info on it. I should say that this gun is NEW, NEVER FIRED, IN THE BOX. I think he bought it sometime in 2003 or 2004 through a program that the hunting safety instructors were offered. Not selling right now, just seeking info. Thanks

no such thing as .51 cal either .50 or .52 , bought 2 brand new a few yrs ago from Knight for buy one get one free.. think I had 500.00 or so in both.
Knight has sales on them all the time so its worth whatever people are wiling to pay.

no such thing as .51 cal either .50 or .52 , bought 2 brand new a few yrs ago from Knight for buy one get one free.. think I had 500.00 or so in both.
Knight has sales on them all the time so its worth whatever people are wiling to pay.
I checked and you are right, it is a .52 sorry, my bad.

There’s a couple Knights listed on GB, and in my opinion, it should bring $325-350 ish (I wouldn’t sell mine for that though). Also my opinion, it would be worth more/have larger market if it was a 50 cal instead of 52.🤷‍♂️

There’s a couple Knights listed on GB, and in my opinion, it should bring $325-350 ish (I wouldn’t sell mine for that though). Also my opinion, it would be worth more/have larger market if it was a 50 cal instead of 52.🤷‍♂️

A new Disc Extreme is only $349.

A new Disc Extreme is only $349.
Plus $45 shipping and Fed taxes ;)

Federal Excise Tax$38.50
Total$433.49

BUT you get a real Timney trigger in current production Knights. None of the older DISC Extreme rifles had a real Timney. At least none that i ever seen.

I always look for free shipping but there's no getting away from the tax now.

Plus $45 shipping and Fed taxes ;)

Federal Excise Tax$38.50
Total$433.49

BUT you get a real Timney trigger in current production Knights. None of the older DISC Extreme rifles had a real Timney. At least none that i ever seen.
Also keep in mind that a lot of companies are now collecting state sales taxes as well. Not sure if Knight is for outside states or not. They tacked on Tennessee sales tax on top of that when I ordered my DE.

I thank you all for the info and opinions. I have this rifle in .45 with the fluted barrel, it shoots like a dream with 100grains of 777 and a 200sst .40 with a .45 sabots so I'm not looking to keep this one. I have researched ammo and it is readily available from Knight at reasonable prices and in a variety of grain weights.
I am new enough to this site that I as of yet cannot post it for sale at this time and I'd rather not get kicked off for trying to circumvent the "management", however, when I am allowed to post it for sale I will take all info into consideration and list a very reasonable price.

Also keep in mind that a lot of companies are now collecting state sales taxes as well
They are located in Tenn so they have to charge state taxes. I ran into this with a PC parts supplier i used for years. They opened an office in my state and had to charge state taxes but not local city/county taxes.

They are located in Tenn so they have to charge state taxes. I ran into this with a PC parts supplier i used for years. They opened an office in my state and had to charge state taxes but not local city/county taxes.
Yep. Didn't know if they were collecting for other states as well. Seems like I haven't been able to order anything online lately where they didn't collect state sales tax for TN. Midway, Optics Planet and a few others have all been tacking on TN sales tax lately.

Some people will shy away from the 52cal but its a great rifle. Load that puppy up with a 325gr FTX in the 52x458 sabot. Makes as much FPE/FPS as the Hornady 45/70 ammo or a little more. You can do the same thing with the .475 325gr XTP in a 52x475 sabot but it cost a ton to shoot those bullets. Hornady is awfully proud of them for some reason. They are ridiculously overpriced.

I agree that the 52 is a good caliber and it has its followers , I've even owned a couple myself but the 50 has such a foot hold its hard for other calibers to grab market share.

Big fan of the 52, i shoot the same load as dbowling, except with 777, i just sent a new 52 barrel to bestill for a chop job, going to put it in an ultra lite stock. the 52 hits very hard

It seems like you can’t escape the tax man anymore.i see gunbroker is now charging me in nj sales tax. no tax always offset the shipping cost. the best deals are buying private

I agree that the 52 is a good caliber and it has its followers , I've even owned a couple myself but the 50 has such a foot hold its hard for other calibers to grab market share.
You are correct about the .50 having such a foothold, my caliber of choice for deer hunting is the .45, flintlock or in line and for the longest time I thought there was a conspiracy by the sporting goods stores to push the .45 out because I couldn't find any ammo.

I find that the 52 struggles to take hold due to the 50's longer popularity. If people want to go for bigger game (elk, moose,etc) a 54 is more common imo

Try to buy from one of four states that have no sales tax.

That doesn't work all the time. There seems to be a law if you buy from a store that has a store in you state you get charged tax. Even if you don't buy from one of their stores that's not in your state. An example is Cabela's.

Latest posts

Back