Knight LK93

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDRSHOT

Reaction score
Anybody shoot Hornady Great Plains 385 grain ? I'm running 209 primer with 100 grain Pyrodex...sighted in at 50 yards 3 inches high dead on left to right. Maybe 2 inch grouping. What could I expect at 100 yards I don't have enough room where I'm at and also clear it with the neighbors lol less than 300 ft from occupied dwelling. Shooting into my property into a bank backstop.

I never went that heavy. what do you hunt?
I use 295 with 150 grain for deer in my LK 93 but may retire it soon. it is hard to find trigger parts.

BDRshot
Welcome aboard it's good to have you here with us.

2" groups at 50yds. Hmm I think you are trying to push your bullet to hard. I think you will get better accuracy with a power charge somewhere between 80gr to 90gr of powder. Remember on the big lead conicals you can't and don't want to push them to hard because if you do your accuracy goes to the potty . If it were me I would start at 75gr and work up in 5gr incriments until your accuracy starts to open up the groups up again. Your gun will let you know what powder charge it likes with the bullet you have chosen. Also there is a lot better choices out the for conicals. Check out Bull shop bullets Dan produces a great lead conical for muzzle loaders and they are great priced as well.
100 PC's of pure lead conicals runs about $38 - $39

I never went that heavy. what do you hunt?
I use 295 with 150 grain for deer in my LK 93 but may retire it soon. it is hard to find trigger parts.
Whitetail deer in Michigan and Hogs out in Texas at some point. I just like cheap lead , I have used powerbelts in the past but they are kinda pricey for me. I know Knight doesn't recommend shooting anything but sabbots , however I have always used lead, the old CVA buckslayers I guess no longer in production.

Last edited:
I will try that....I also got a nasty scope cut from not shouldering the rifle tight. Lesson learned lol are these other bullets your talking about pre lubed ?

Latest posts

Back