Knight sale

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm obviously too late for the sale . but can anyone provide a link to a seller of the mountaineer or ultra-lite other than Knight or MidwayUSA ?

the whole gun . a few weeks ago midway had the mountaineer 50 bare primer green lam. for 599 , but i didn't know at the time someone was interested in getting me a gun for a gift and i don't want them spending a grand on it . the cva mrx (FWIU a safe gun to buy) can be had for 560 and will probably shoot better and last longer than me , but if i can fine a UL or M for similar or not much more that would be really sweet . yes i know the knights are better made with better parts but almost twice the price ..... :( . but bumping up to a 45 1:20 down the road for just the price of the barrell seems appealing also .

i've looked at that several dozen times 54 and the link you shared the bare primer kit for it for $70 sure goes in it's favor . my only complaint is sabot availability for the 52 . they make them for the .458 monoflex but they don't make sabots in .52 cal for .451 or .452 .
do you know if anyone makes .52 sabots for .451 or .452 ?
if i could find those sabots (for a reasonable price) i'd be all over that 52 ! i really do like the idea you shared somewhere on here about picking up a 45 barrel for it later to .

Only Knight sells the sabots but if Knight is closing out 52cals then MMP will probably offer them. There is a 52x458 and a 52x475 sabot for 52cal. There are tons of good 458 bullets out there.

I know this has been covered before but I pulled the trigger on the mountaineer .52 that comes with the fpj ignition. What do I have to get to make it a bare primer gun? I tried to find that info and I didn’t. Thanks in advance! I bought a bunch of the silver sabots for the .458. Can someone also give me a few good Bullet recommendations?

Be advised the NFPJ adapter is made for Extremes and Extreme conversions to older rifles. There is a slight chance you need to remove a tiny amount of metal from the plug side of the adapter. About 60 thousands is what mine needed to clear the nut on the plug. It fits the bolt no problem.

I know this has been covered before but I pulled the trigger on the mountaineer .52 that comes with the fpj ignition. What do I have to get to make it a bare primer gun? I tried to find that info and I didn’t. Thanks in advance! I bought a bunch of the silver sabots for the .458. Can someone also give me a few good Bullet recommendations?
Hornady ftx 325 458, they shoot great out of my 52 guns, 110 grains 777 ffg is what I like.best of luck

Thank you guys very much. I appreciate it. I thought that I needed more than that. I will get this stuff ordered so hopefully I can get ready to do some shooting when I get the gun in!

I’m also gonna need a scope rail for the mountaineer, will I have to get that from knight or is there a better source, any recommendations? Thanks

Knights rail is the same as the EGW rail. They had a nicer rail on the early Knight 500s and then switched to the cheaper EGW model.

Latest posts

Back