Knight Vision Freedom

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any of you guys ever own one of these? Looks like a shotgun to me. Must be they are dropping them from the line, so inexpensive.

Knight used to include a Vision when you purchased so many other rifles as a dealer incentive for first of the year preorders. I do not remember the exact amount, but it was something like 1 vision for 5 other rifles.
I sold quite a few of them.
I had one idiot who was crying the blues over his not working. It would not ignite the cap. I gave him another one in exchange and sent his back to Knight. Soon he was back complaing again. I gave him his money back and told him to go away.
Knight found nothing wrong with the first rifle. I sold it and the one I refunded on pretty cheap. The buyer had no issues. I found out later the original purchaser was using #11 caps from a recalled lot.
That was the only complaint for probably a dozen sold.
I thought they were fugly.

Knight used to include a Vision when you purchased so many other rifles as a dealer incentive for first of the year preorders. I do not remember the exact amount, but it was something like 1 vision for 5 other rifles.
I sold quite a few of them.
I had one idiot who was crying the blues over his not working. It would not ignite the cap. I gave him another one in exchange and sent his back to Knight. Soon he was back complaing again. I gave him his money back and told him to go away.
Knight found nothing wrong with the first rifle. I sold it and the one I refunded on pretty cheap. The buyer had no issues. I found out later the original purchaser was using #11 caps from a recalled lot.
That was the only complaint for probably a dozen sold.
I thought they were fugly.

Almost as ugly as the Redemption that T/C bought and renamed to Strike.

So do the good looking muzzleloaders. Why settle for ugly?
Imo the Redemption is a well designed muzzy with the breach plug. Easy to clean with zero blowback. I remember a time when a lot of shooters thought the Woodman Arms Patriot wasn't exactly a beauty. Not so much any more. I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Last edited:
Imo the Redemption is a well designed muzzy with the breach plug. Easy to clean with zero blowback. I remember a time when a lot of shooters thought the Woodman Arms Patriot wasn't exactly a beauty. Not so much any more. I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Beauty is in fact in the eye of the beholder! I will say that it took some time to grow on me, but this is a great gun! At the time I bought this there were no walnut inlines available. I’ve had a lot of success with this rifle in the short time I’ve had it.
223992D6-E85D-4BC2-AA9B-60196BAF5526.jpeg

Bought an Redemption put it in the safe a forgot about it, Looks don't make them shoot I bought a Browning Olympian grade in the 60,s in 7mm magnum It was beautiful with all the scrolling and stock work it wouldn't shoot for Squat I sold it to a collector for $1500.00 I said It wouldn't shoot He said he didn't care I did good on that one as I bought wholesale as I worked part time in a sporting goods store One of the few I did good on

I actually think they(Strike/Redemption) are pretty nice looking especially with walnut stocks, I think the Omega is ugly but never stopped me from buying them as the way they shoot is what makes the gun that and the action on them.
The Vision are said to be very accurate.

I held the Redemption when they 1st came out before being sold to T/C. I thought it was a well made firearm it just did not seem to fit me well so I passed.

I actually think they(Strike/Redemption) are pretty nice looking especially with walnut stocks, I think the Omega is ugly but never stopped me from buying them as the way they shoot is what makes the gun that and the action on them.
The Vision are said to be very accurate.
I bought the Vision about five or six years ago. Setup with bare 209 BP. Camo stocks with flat black barrel and receiver. I shot a small buck and doe with it on the same hunt. Quite accurate with 260 grn Hawk bullet. Wears a Sightron scope.

I bought the Vision about five or six years ago. Setup with bare 209 BP. Camo stocks with flat black barrel and receiver. I shot a small buck and doe with it on the same hunt. Quite accurate with 260 grn Hawk bullet. Wears a Sightron scope.
Is it a beast to carry?

how does the vision freedom compare to the CVA optima V2 . i realize it's unfair because the cva cost abour %50 more ...

Latest posts

Back