Konus Problem

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapbang

Imlay City Michigan
Supporting member
Reaction score
I have a problem with a Konus scope. I have tries the email several times and then tried Europe. They gave me the same email I have been trying. Anyone else having trouble??

You remember that show back in the 60s and seventies mission impossible on TV once the agent listened to the message the tape would self destruct,, that became Konus scopes, I have the konus pro on one of the muzzleloaders or should I say I had,, it looked pretty good ,,glass was visible, yes visible,,tracking went south after 3 shots. I've never bothered to send it back or call for warranty I just put it in the pile.

You remember that show back in the 60s and seventies mission impossible on TV once the agent listened to the message the tape would self destruct,, that became Konus scopes, I have the konus pro on one of the muzzleloaders or should I say I had,, it looked pretty good ,,glass was visible, yes visible,,tracking went south after 3 shots. I've never bothered to send it back or call for warranty I just put it in the pile.

X2
I was setting up a new Konus scope for a friend that came in a CVA package deal. On the third or fourth shot I looked into the scope and the reticle was in a pile on the bottom of the scope. He got a new one but it failed a year or two later.

Im real disappointed in Muzzle-Loader.com. I would think they would screen these items in an effort to bring quality to their business. I thought if I bought from them I had a good product. Guess Ill do my own research from now on. But Ill buy somewhere else when done.

I had bought the CVA Optima with the Konus 3x9 on it and it did fine until a November hunt when I shot at a buck 30 yds in front of me and the bullet hit about a foot to the right, come to find out the windage dial had broke inside the scope and it cost me a nice buck.
I threw it away and put a Nikon on it and haven't had any problems since, Good luck to anyone who uses them.

Im real disappointed in Muzzle-Loader.com. I would think they would screen these items in an effort to bring quality to their business. I thought if I bought from them I had a good product. Guess Ill do my own research from now on. But Ill buy somewhere else when done.

You haven't laid out the issue, hombre. Muzzle-loaders.com is only the distributor of CVA's factory-sealed product.

Sounds like a QC issue with Konus, not the retailer.

I purchased the Optima V2 LR package with the Konus Pro scope. I like the quality of the glass and it stays set. I set it up to get a bullet drop by ballistics out to 170 yds that was good using on the center reticle. The results were very good as l got less than 1" grouping at 100". Now its been 3 years and still happy.

Have had a few Konus scopes and only 2 warranty issues, 1 after about 600 shots with sml brake action and they replaced it. 1 after a few shots would no longer focus and they replaced it. I sent them to the warranty address in Miami, Fla I believe with description of the issue and they replaced both with no questions asked. They aren't high end scopes but warranty in on par with many higher end scopes.

I bought a Konus scope last year for my Slug Gun. It didn't seem to hold zero when sighting in. I called them and spoke to a Woman in CS and she sent me a new scope that was better suited to my needs. So, I have no complaints about them.

Back