Lee R.E.A.L. Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The TC Maxi Balls in the second pic are little fellas, 130 Grain .36 Cal, If you notice they look odd, like a hard alloy or something? That is from the mold itself. I bought a .36 Cal TC Seneca from a Guy on Armslist, he threw in a Maxi Mold and a cheap little Lee Roundball mold, The Maxi Mold was Steel (Lyman) the guy hadn’t cared for it properly, it had lots of surface rust on it, after cleaning it REALLY good with vinegar and water, then Baking soda to neutralize it, it turned out to have tiny little pits in it, Doesn’t hurt a thing as they shoot VERY well, Just a bummer the Guy didn’t coat the Mold in oil years ago. I have a Brand New in the box Aluminum TC Maxi Mold for .36 Cal, I guess a guy can’t have to many molds? :D

rangerod said:
All I can say is WOW. Those are some very fine looking bullets.

You will be pouring them just as good in no time!! :yeah: Casting your own bullets is a lot of fun in itself

For anyone interested I just today received 150 Lee R.E.A.L. bullets in 320 grain that I bought off gunbroker and they look totally flawless.

rangerod said:
For anyone interested I just today received 150 Lee R.E.A.L. bullets in 320 grain that I bought off gunbroker and they look totally flawless.

That is GREAT news!! Do you have a Scale to weigh them? I would weigh and sort them, hopefully they all sort in the same pile! :yeah:

1.4 grains wouldnt make any difference in my shooting, as I don't shoot long range.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

rangerod said:
Weighed about twenty and lightest was 315.0 and heaviest 316.4. Seems pretty good? Might throw out any over 316.0?

That’s not bad at all! I personally keep + or - 1 Grain of eachother, As you weigh them, sort them as well and shoot each sort. If you get any really odd weights then go ahead and cull, or use them as Fouler Shots

Latest posts

Back