Lehigh 195 CF -- 50g BH209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_3019.JPG

Grouse45 (Tom) sent these 40 caliber 195 grain Controlled Fracturing Bullet.

IMG_3048.JPG

The distance between the rifle, and the horse is 25 yard. The powder charge is 50 grain Blackhorn.

IMG_2878.JPG

The bullet was caught by the phone book. As the bullet passed through every jug, it split them substantially at the bullet hole.

IMG_3051.JPG

IMG_3050.JPG

I'd guess about 1400-1500fps based on looking at BH209 data.
Based on 1st look at the large HP, I guessed they would have come off until I scrolled down.
It seems the copper is NOT soft, reacts like brass and that's probably by design for the pedals to shear off rather then peel back like soft copper.

Made it out today, and was able to shoot a 50 grain Blackhorn load through the clock. The bullets i had available was the 200 grain SST; three shots averaged 1386 fps right there at 25 yard.

How does the performance of this bullet compare to the 200 gr Knight Bloodline made from brass?

Sorry Ron, this one brought back memories from 50 years ago. :mrgreen:

[youtube]lJKcdlj-Uiw[/youtube]

..........umm............now i lost the thought..........oh yes...........it seems the 200g Bloodline wasn't ever shot using 50 grain powder. The bullet was shot using 80 grain powder.

Would you be willing to test the 200 gr Knight Bloodline with 50 gr of BH209 if I sent you a couple to test?

Back