long time archer,1st time muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
opened it, the morning after it was posted, but from my Iphone. doesnt seem to have any issues, it took me to a web page that had cellular signal boosters on it, i figured someone trying to generate activity on their site. closed it and moved on. Hope its not gonna be a issue. But yes,random and odd.

got the bare primer conversion in the elite,and plan on shooting it tomorrow, ill take pics and post them once im back.

mcorso22 said:
got the bare primer conversion in the elite,and plan on shooting it tomorrow, ill take pics and post them once im back.

Sounds wonderful. You can just use 80 grains(volume) of powder while you get familiar and start to sight in. If you plan to hunt you could up the charge to the 100-120 grain area.

Be sure and clean it well after shooting, the same day with 777 or Pyrodex. Once clean I like a light oil coat inside and out to protect the metal.

well was able to get out for a few before it got dark and got on the paper at 50 yards. Per the book it says to adjust till its holding 2 inches above bullseye. Im currently at just under bullseye. It shoots nice. Using blackhorn, I shot about 7 rounds with blackhorn before I noticed it was shooting sparks out the end? maybe cause it was getting dark or the barrel was getting fouled, the last two shots were higher then the previous without site adjustment. was shooting 300 grain hornady mag. with 100grain Blackhorn. I hope to shoot again tomorrow. and will update.

Well i was able to get out for ohio's late ML season, and got a doe first night in the stand! 52 yard shot and the deer only went 20 yards. Im loving the Rifle and im loving the BH. Thanks again to all that helped me decide on which rifle to get, what to shoot, and how to take care of it! Im pretty comfortable with it and teardown,cleaning is a breeze. Anybody else have any luck out there?

mcorso22 said:
Well i was able to get out for ohio's late ML season, and got a doe first night in the stand! 52 yard shot and the deer only went 20 yards. Im loving the Rifle and im loving the BH. Thanks again to all that helped me decide on which rifle to get, what to shoot, and how to take care of it! Im pretty comfortable with it and teardown,cleaning is a breeze. Anybody else have any luck out there?

Congrads on your First ML Harvest! :applause: :yeah: Looks like we have another one hooked! :lol:

I took a large Doe in Southeast Ohio during the regular gun season with my MK-95 .54 and my own Lead bullet. 8)

Latest posts

Back