my new cva wolf was ugly!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DVR

Reaction score
so I fixed it.

four color camo job with flat clear sealer.
it is dull but the flash of my "super high tech free with printer purchase camera" makes it look glossy.

IM001318.jpg

IM001317.jpg

IM001316.jpg

IM001315.jpg
[/img]

Don't lay it down and walk away from it...your won't find it again. :D

Choc-dog

Looks good to me. I shot one of those last year. They shoot really good!

That is an excellent paint job.

But like they said, if your in the woods and mother nature calls and you need to drop 'em to answerl, better tie a big red ribbon around that thing before you lean it against a tree and get to work or you might not find it after the paper work. That is really sharp looking. Is that hard to do?

thanks again. I will try not to lay it down and walk off.

I was not difficult. I masked off the things I did not want painted, Wiped down all the areas I intended to paint with solvent to remove any oil. Sprayed a light even coat of the krylon fusion spray paint (it adheres to plastic or metal) in khaki and allowed it to dry. Then sprayed flat black paint over the marage pattern stencil and allowed to dry. Then flat brown over reed stencils and allowed to dry. Then od green flat over reed stencils. I let it sit for 24 hours and then sprayed with flat clear sealer.

Typically, I would base coat in od green and finish in khaki. The khaki was what I had on hand in the fusion paint.

Stencils can be expensive. You can cut your own from mylar sheets or used x-ray film if you have access to it.

If anyone needs xray film, I'd be happy to pass some along (minus any discerable patient information, of course.) I work with it all day long. :)

another way

I did a similar camo job to a m1a and I used natural leaves just sprayed them with white glue thined out so they would be sorta tacky and washed off the glue with soapy water when the paint dried.,,,but I still don't see anything in the picture. nice job. ,,,john,,,

Back