N110 load

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now that I have all the components to start shooting my new Omega 45 sml with a Woodman Arms barrel I am looking for a load from 50-to possibly 200 yds.I have n110 powder,hornaday 200 grain sst and xtp bullets with hlbs and fed 209a primers.I thought 30-33 grains would be a good place to start,but do not want to extend over 35 grains.

Now that I have all the components to start shooting my new Omega 45 sml with a Woodman Arms barrel I am looking for a load from 50-to possibly 200 yds.I have n110 powder,hornaday 200 grain sst and xtp bullets with hlbs and fed 209a primers.I thought 30-33 grains would be a good place to start,but do not want to extend over 35 grains.
The VV110 can be safely used in smokeless powder builds. Start at 30 gr with that bullet n sabot, you can go up to 37 & be fine. I shoot up to 38 gr of it from my NEF .45using the 209 primers. I converted mine over to the DI from Hankin's, so now my top is 36 gr.

Please excuse my ignorance.
Are you guys saying you are going to use VV N110 smokeless powder in a TC Omega?
Is that not a blackpowder only rifle?
Did someone build a new barrel or firing system?
Please explain.

I am confused.
I see where they make a rifle: Patriot
The manual for that rifle says blackpowder only???

Yes Mark Woodman - Woodman Arms makes smokeless capable Omega barrels. I have two. There are several hundred posts here on them if you do a search.

You might want to use a Dry Wool Wad under the sabot. This is an sw recommendation with the quick pressure rise of N110 and Summer temperatures. He might chime in.

The VV110 can be safely used in smokeless powder builds. Start at 30 gr with that bullet n sabot, you can go up to 37 & be fine. I shoot up to 38 gr of it from my NEF .45using the 209 primers. I converted mine over to the DI from Hankin's, so now my top is 36 gr.
Good advice..
Thanks ELDiablo for the info.I probably won't see any need to go above 35grs.Maybe even 33 might be tops for me.I hope to be able to make it to the range this coming week.
I agree. Start at 30gr and work up. You shouldn't have a problem finding a load to match your needs.

If it was me, I would use the XTPs to get it close then fine tune/hunt with SSTs but it's not me.

I have hunted with the sst's for a few years and liked the way they performed.But when I found the xtp's at $5.00 a box I jumped on 2 boxes of them.As you said sight in with the xtp's and put the finishing touch with the sst's.

I got my 200g SST’s and 195g Barnes bullets today. Unfortunately, my N110 won’t be in until next week. I’m headed to the range on Sunday so looks like the lighter weight bullets will have to wait until next range trip.

I got my 200g SST’s and 195g Barnes bullets today. Unfortunately, my N110 won’t be in until next week. I’m headed to the range on Sunday so looks like the lighter weight bullets will have to wait until next range
I need to run by my LGS to check out the N110 supply maybe buy a couple more lbs.

Back