Need some help on this one

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Trying to help a person who wants to purchase a rifle from an estate. I haven't been able to find much out and was hoping some of you that love research can help find an approximate value.

The 8mm Mauser, with Octagon barrel, has STMG 3,679GBP on it, plus says Pachmayr WhiteLine, Gun Works, LA. Calif.

8mm.jpg

Last edited:
That’s a odd one, I suspect a custom build,double set triggers and all. Any proof marks? It’s worth what a man is willing to pay.

Those letters and numbers are proof related

https://www.germanguns.com/tech-corner.html

2,67 g GBP
St m G

These marks show 2,67 grams of Gewehr Blättchen Pulver (military flake powder) and Stahl-mantel Geschoss (steel jacketed bullet). Other possible types are "K m G" for Kupfer-mantel Geschoss (copper jacketed bullet) and "Bl G" for Blei Geschoss (plain lead bullet).

I knew that asking here, someone would find some information out. I thank both for the links :woohoo:

I passed on the information this morning to the prospective buyer, who I believe is going to pass on the purchase. Thanks again.

Looks like a postwar custom mauser, a lot of custom gunshops imported them to enhace their own product line.

Back