New CVA Accura V1 thoughts..

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reply...on my T/C Scout, the black "ryinite" stock gets like a white discoloration at wear spots (mainly by where stock attaches to receiver) I am not sure it this is from the cleaner/oil I used on the steel parts, or ??? That's why I wondering, so that maybe I could avoid that on this..Thanks!

On another note;
As I am preparing all my gear for the upcoming hunting season, I notice a lot of noise where the sling hardware attaches to the synthetic stock eye-holes...how have you all addressed this? It's pretty loud...Seems like there should be a rubber bushing, instead of plastic against plastic. Thanks!

I am using standard metal Uncle Mikes quick detachable swivels on my Optima and Wolf. Havent noticed any noise issues. Played with it quite a bit and not noticed anyting. Mine is a standard blue stock if that matters. Not the Accura V2 with the factory supplied sling and mounts.

Hey Thanks :) I just tried my other sling with the uncle mikes and that pretty much eliminated any noise issue. My new Accura came with a Claw sling and Hush stalker swivel attachments. The attachment bolts are quite a bit smaller than the eye holes, so with movement, creates a lot of noise; which is kinda funny considering their called "Hush Stalker". Seems like there should be a bushing.. Maybe I am missing something...

I have my own method. I only use a sling to carry the gun in and out of hunting areas. When I get there I take the sling off, and put it in my backpack. Then hunt with the gun in both hands ready for a quick shot.

So, noisy swivels don't matter. I'm more concerned with easy to remove swivels.

Me personally I use a shooting sling on my Ml's and not a carry strap. So I never remove my shooting sling. Once you become well versed in a shooting sling it becomes second nature to you and it becomes very rock solid. For anything other than a snap shot I use the shooting sling for a braced shot.

Drew67,,Glad that worked out for you. Sad to hear that the Claw Sling and the factory supplied mounts are noisy. I plan on getting a MR at some point down the road and that will be the first thing to go on it. Especially after reading your report.

I used a shooting sling for years, but I got away from them lately. They aren't needed at my ranges now.

They do help if you have time to get in position.

Thanks for the replies..good thoughts on both. I too use the sling as a shooting-sling/bracing angle to steady.
Anyway, Edwardamason, keep in mind my Accura Version 1 1/2 came with the original hush-stalker swivels;
http://www.cva.com/CVA-Product-View.php?id=574
I noticed on the CVA Website that they now have a Hush-Stalker 2 swivel (maybe that is why) ;0)
http://www.cva.com/CVA-Product-View.php?id=342

I would assume the new Accura MR would come with the newer version swivels..Take care for now!

drew-67 said:
Thanks for the replies..good thoughts on both. I too use the sling as a shooting-sling/bracing angle to steady.
Anyway, Edwardamason, keep in mind my Accura Version 1 1/2 came with the original hush-stalker swivels;
http://www.cva.com/CVA-Product-View.php?id=574
I noticed on the CVA Website that they now have a Hush-Stalker 2 swivel (maybe that is why) ;0)
http://www.cva.com/CVA-Product-View.php?id=342

I would assume the new Accura MR would come with the newer version swivels..Take care for now!

Looks like CVA figured that one out too!

CVA seems to be on top of things with thier ML's. Field testing them and listening to hunters feedback and fixing the "little' things.

Last years AAR (After action report) One of my main gripes about the Optima was the break open action lever..its design and its placment on the ML and its ability to come open by accident in the field. CVA apparently was listening to followers of this because they corrected this in the V2 by giving V2 owners the same break down action as the Accura models. I just hope they follow suit with the Wolf's.

Next you can ask them to use steel swivel studs on the lower models.

A shooting sling will rip out those cheap molded plastic abortions. Ask me how I know that.

The weakest part of the OPTIMA/Accuta is the stocks. My hopes is that CVA will come out with more deluxe models or someone like McMillian will address this with some high quality aftermarket stock. It's not likely though that consumers are going to be willing to spend $200 plus on a aftermarket stock for a ML that cost $400ish to start with.

Muley Hunter said:

Edwardamason said:
The weakest part of the OPTIMA/Accuta is the stocks........................

You fella seem to have missed the point. Them rifle are inexpensive. There are reasons they are inexpensive. Why are they inexpensive? Think about it............

Cheap rifle have cheep parts.

ronlaughlin said:
Muley Hunter said:

Edwardamason said:
The weakest part of the OPTIMA/Accuta is the stocks........................

You fella seem to have missed the point. Them rifle are inexpensive. There are reasons they are inexpensive. Why are they inexpensive? Think about it............

Cheap rifle have cheep parts.
yeah but they sure do shoot like a expensive ML :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :drinkers: :drinkers:

I took you up on this offer just out of curiosity.

Search my history here and everywhere and 3 years ago I was saying nothing good about CVA Mls calling them Spanish made Junk rifles....and for good reason

Unfortunately i could not find any such post by you on this forum and several others. I found one post here that was neither positive or negative? All the rest appear to be very positive.

Hey, once again I could use your help and opinions...
I have a chance to get a Leopold "Rifleman" scope at a really good price and was thinking of getting it and replacing the scope that came on this ML..What is the biggest difference between scopes designed for Muzzleloaders and regular? Would it be good on this Accura? Thoughts?

Its hard to go wrong with a Luppy scope but the Rifleman series is their cheapest offering. You can probably get a Redfield Revolution 2x7x33 for less and its much closer to a VX1 in quality. Its still made by Leupold in Oregon. Same warranty and good eye relief also.

GM54-120 said:
I took you up on this offer just out of curiosity.

Search my history here and everywhere and 3 years ago I was saying nothing good about CVA Mls calling them Spanish made Junk rifles....and for good reason

Unfortunately i could not find any such post by you on this forum and several others. I found one post here that was neither positive or negative? All the rest appear to be very positive.

You mean this one where I said I have cussed CVA over the years???

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22499

I bought a CVA Optima shortly after that post. Been hooked ever since.

Then there is this post here where I said CVA made some real Dogs over the years.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22484

Then Scan down to this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22367

and I Quote

"I know there are a lot of current satisfied CVA shooters out there. I find it hard to believe that a company that has been building turds for 40 something years has all of a sudden turned around and started building great equipment. But it seems that may very well be the case. I wish I was still connected in the industry to get some promotional models to try out. I would sure give them a good working over and try them out in the field. In my hands for 6 months I will let you know if they are worthy of keeping or not."

So Yeah I have been a CVA Basher for years.

Ohh and how have our other CVA threads gone????

YOU LOST ! :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke:

Latest posts

Back