New hunting truck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this all mocked up today and just twist tied the wiring to make sure the tail lights worked as they should. They are nice and bright even during the day.
img_4734.jpg

img_4735.jpg

img_4736.jpg

thats factory mounting holes. They do that because theres the license plate bracket that attaches to it and the light shines down on it. Those are factory designed tail lights, just with the modern guts inside as well as better lenses.

It is? Look at the picture of the one I posted with the elk in it. That's where mine mounted on the few CJ5's i've had.

Yes all factory, Even the side marker lights and back up lights I used the same mounting holes as the originals. I am sure there were other options available but these are all factory mounting holes.

ua853410.jpg

I think mine were 78's. It had the Buick V6 in one of them. I wasn't too fond of that motor. The straight 6 is much better.

My old Jeep Scrambler that I had back in the mid 80's, wish I still had that one

00small59108971.JPG

My new Jeep Rubicon

00small67080548.JPG

00small17093354.JPG

oh the first scratch you put on it, the sooner you'll take it hunting :lol:

Hey Ron! We finally got the same jacket. I bought mine in the 60's, and still wear it.

IMG_0717_zps27af0d49.jpg

New rubber on as of yesterday. Nice 6 ply and a stiff sidewall. Should ride really damn nice once it warms up enough to try. Just have to splice the new lights into the wiring harness and shes street worthy.
img_4824.jpg

img_4825.jpg

That tread sure won't allow the Jeep to hydroplane on wet roads.
Some brands of tires with a tread pattern like that will cup out when driving on asphalt at hiway speeds.

:Red tup:
She's not new but she works great for me.........I bought her new 15 years ago this Aug.
IMG_0736_zpssa3duir9.jpg
IMG_0798_zps5b886322.jpg
cabin1of09007.jpg

My wrangler is a 2000 and it's garage kept and it's got 65000 miles on her. It's a 5 speed 4 banger with no luxurious except for the CD/AM,FM surround sound stereo system and a hard top. Pic on the right is with my son Ray and it's about 6 or 7 years old. The license plate has a  large mouth bass on it. 
Pic on the left was taken last summer at the ML'er range and the middle was last season's deer from the creek with the new license plate. 

Ray............... :shooter:

Put a new rear seal in the diff, spicer u joints on the drive line. I still have to install the fender flares I bought. They just kind of seem like a pain in the ass to do.
img_5010.jpg

img_5011.jpg

Also going to buy a strapless bikini top down the road. I hate that flapping sail thats on it LOL.

Back