No blood trail required. All your bullets issues are solved!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But at the same time you flock to product reviews in magazines, not knowing they are just a glorified ad, paid for by a company.

ccobbett,
I doubt your telling many people something they didn't suspect already. At the same time you have to wonder why you guys are the only ones talking about these bullets. I'd heard of them a long time ago on another forum but never knew anyone who used them. That's been a while. I still don't know anyone who uses them except you and your sponsored by their maker. Let's face it, you wouldn't believe me if I told you Barnes bullets were the best because they are a sponsor of this forum.

I don't take anyone's word for anything when it comes to products in magazines (or videos for that matter) because you don't know why they are saying that. I'm sure magazine articles are a big reason for sales, but I don't buy into them. Occasionally if a product is interesting enough I'll try it. My preference for Warne QR rings came from reading a magazine article about QR rings. A handful of brands were represented and so I thought it was a fair as could be for an article.

I prefer the internet where I can read reviews that aren't bought and paid for. There is some dissinformation because of the nature of the thing, but most folks state their views accurately. I've learned more from the internet than I ever learned from reading magazines. Maybe that's why I only have 2 magazines that come here; NRA's American Hunter and Black Powder hunting. The NRA magazine I don't read much of, but occasionally they have something interesting. The Blackpowder Hunting mag I read for the muzzleloader hunts.

As for our sponsors here, I do like Barnes bullets but I like the Winchester Platinum tips a bit more. Too bad they have been discontinued. Barnes and Winchester muzzleloader bullets are the only bullets I've ever used to take deer. I also like MMP sabots. They are the only sabots I've used except those that have come with bullets of which most are MMP anyway. I'm also a Knight fan. I own 3 Knights, 2 rifles and a pistol and have owned 2 others. I also own 2 T/C's which are also fine rifles, but give the edge to my Disc Extreme because of sentimentality even though my Omega outclasses it. I own no Savage Muzzlelaoder so those ads are the only that have no basis in something I use. I've been wanting one for a while though. Maybe I'll get one if they ever come out with a stock configuration I like.

I saw the bullet advertised on the net. Thought it might interest some guys on here. Looks like it did. Debate is good. EVERYONE is entitled their opinions. I offered to try them for free. Have not heard anything. No, I would not buy them. IMO I think some of the guys up north got a little sensitive about the remarks about the bullet. When you come up with something new it's going to be scrutinized.

The title of the thread simply stated what they claim their bullets do. Not a claim I make. No bull **** intended.

Yea Chuck, I started it! 8) 8) :lol: :lol:

Patrick White said:
I've learned more from the internet than I ever learned from reading magazines.

Amen to that. You can get REAL disscussions and both sides of the story on the net. You simply will not find this in any magazine.

Unfortunately with this product, NOBODY on the net seems to have used them.

:?: Since nobody around here has an opinion on anything, is this the appropriate time for me to accuse everybody who uses smokeless powder of being an unethical modernist butcher with latent anti-hunting motives? :think:

:lol: :lol:

-----------------------------

EDIT:

P.S. In case anyone thought that I was serious, I am an avid Savage smokeless shooter who posts frequently on this and another smokeless muzzleloading forum. I am all for .40 caliber, .35 or 8mm muzzleloaders shooting to 3000 fps. My post was purely a tongue-in-cheek jab at the self-proclaimed "purists" who do believe such stuff. :wink:

Maybe I'll get one if they ever come out with a stock configuration I like.

Patrick,

I am not sure, but let me take a wild guess

A Thumbhole stock. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hunt 4 Bucks said:
Maybe I'll get one if they ever come out with a stock configuration I like.

Patrick,

I am not sure, but let me take a wild guess

A Thumbhole stock. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink:

Mountain Man said:
:?: Since nobody around here has an opinion on anything, is this the appropriate time for me to accuse everybody who uses smokeless powder of being an unethical modernist butcher with latent anti-hunting motives? :think:

I think that pretty well describes me. :lol: I use the most modern and efficient muzzleloader I could get my hands on. 8) I mostly bowhunt with a longbow though to make up for my sins... :d'oh!:

cur_dog said:
I saw the bullet advertised on the net. Thought it might interest some guys on here. Looks like it did. Debate is good. EVERYONE is entitled their opinions. I offered to try them for free. Have not heard anything. No, I would not buy them. IMO I think some of the guys up north got a little sensitive about the remarks about the bullet. When you come up with something new it's going to be scrutinized.

The title of the thread simply stated what they claim their bullets do. Not a claim I make. No bull **** intended.

Yea Chuck, I started it! 8) 8) :lol: :lol:

Cur_dog-Add me to your list of shooters who would test them for free.When I can buy time tested and proven bullets like XTP and Nosler in bulk,why would I pay the high price they are asking? I am not that curious.No bullet ever made makes deer "more dead" than XTP's.Most of my kills never got out of their tracks.

Charlie

Cur_dog-Add me to your list of shooters who would test them for free.

Even IF they sent you some bullets at no cost to you...TRUST ME...They are NOT!...It's still YOUR powder, YOUR primers, AND...MOST importantly...YOUR TIME.....

TESTING them would NOT be for FREE!

big6x6 said:
Cur_dog-Add me to your list of shooters who would test them for free.

Even IF they sent you some bullets at no cost to you...TRUST ME...They are NOT!...It's still YOUR powder, YOUR primers, AND...MOST importantly...YOUR TIME.....

TESTING them would NOT be for FREE!

Excellent point Chuck. :!:

ccobbett said:
Well, I hate to be the one to open the curtain in OZ to many of you.

Most of those magazines sell those reviews just in case you did not know that. At least with video you get to see the result and not just read what you are told."

I agree that far too many reviews are simply advertisments-some are not however-as I stated,it sounds like this product is not what I am looking for ,but even if it sounded perfect for my needs,I would research it in magazines,internet,and ask around-with all sources one must wade through obvious BS and then make a decison. with little or no information available; it is hard to part with hard earned money based on claims and photographs.

Your right Chuck, they are not sending any and my time is not free. Was just trying to show I would have an open mind. It's closing fast! :p

I agree with you Chasam60. I got some Swifts, Noslers and Barnes itching to get out of the barrel. 8)

Hey I just figured it out!

Most of us live in "fly over country". Apparently they don't think thier is enough of us out here to help them along.

Thier just trying to appeal to those east coast city rats! :lol:

Just giving you east coasters a hard time. :) :poke:

Mountain Man said:

Mountain,

You should go to this forum http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/fusionbb.php?

Post that statement there and you will get pats on the back :) LOL

Your probably already a member though. :D

elkstalkr said:
Mountain Man said:

Mountain,

You should go to this forum http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/fusionbb.php?

Post that statement there and you will get pats on the back :) LOL

Your probably already a member though. :D

In case anyone thought that I was serious, I am an avid Savage smokeless shooter who posts frequently on this and another smokeless muzzleloading forum. I am all for .40 caliber, .35 or 8mm muzzleloaders shooting to 3000 fps. My post was purely a tongue-in-cheek jab at the self-proclaimed "purists" who do believe such stuff. :wink:

I knew you were just funnin' us. :D

Mountain,

I knew you were teasin. Thus the reason for my smiley faces.

Free Time :lol: I have lots of free time Just send me the bullets I will be more than happy to check them out :p I have actually seen these at a local gun shop I might even buy some :wink:
Ken

Well, I was thinkin' about trying some of them until I saw all those guys who shot them with their thumbs stuck in the 'up' position. I'm not sure that would make life any easier for anybody! :lol:

JimA said:
Mountain Man said:

I think that pretty well describes me. :lol: I use the most modern and efficient muzzleloader I could get my hands on. 8) I mostly bowhunt with a longbow though to make up for my sins... :d'oh!:

I love it!!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back