No blood trail required. All your bullets issues are solved!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about the whole giving product thing. Its not our company, I am just a small fish in the big pond of dudes trying to make a tv show worth watching.

I hear ya on the claim thing. I am not sure it claims absolute death on contact, but that slogan would hold true most of the time.

I will comment on something I do know. You asked about meat being shot. If you shoot it in the ham, kiss it good bye. I guess you can't have it both ways. This bullett causes masive damage. If you shoot the animal in the meat it will do the same.

Since you're the only one here with experience, ccobbett, can you please tell me how loading these bullets is. I am just curious, as my Omega has a really tight bore. Thanks.

NEW222

alleyyooper said:
(2. Threaten lawsuits when someone finds fault with their design.

Well now I didn't exactly find any fault in thier design. I just questioned thier websites claims! :)

Not sure that makes the situation any better though.

ccobbett said:
I don't know about the whole giving product thing. Its not our company, I am just a small fish in the big pond of dudes trying to make a tv show worth watching.

I hear ya on the claim thing. I am not sure it claims absolute death on contact, but that slogan would hold true most of the time.

I will comment on something I do know. You asked about meat being shot. If you shoot it in the ham, kiss it good bye. I guess you can't have it both ways. This bullett causes masive damage. If you shoot the animal in the meat it will do the same.

CCOBBETT: Thanks for the response about the meat damage.

Again the problem with the slogan is the 100% absolute statement. Your own statements were 95% of the time the game drops in the tracks. That statement is from your personal experience, which is fine with me.

There are alot of members on this board that have 30 to 50 years of shooting and hunting experience. We have all seen products come and go. The ones that find a niche remain, and the others disappear. New products must demonstrate that they better than what?s on the current market to find that niche. That burden of proof is on the manufacturer, not the consumer.

Better means different things to different people. I personally like a pass through shot. This opinion is from my 38 years of hunting experience that has worked for me. The most difficult game recovery in my experience comes from poor shot placements outside the rib cage with only a high entry wound. If the shot is a gut shot on a big buck, you will most likely have a long day ahead of you. IMO

Is there better out there? Maybe, but I have not seen it yet.

To each their own. :wink:

" Paid Glory Hunter"

I like it. I think I am going to use that as my sub-title from now on. I laughed my ass off when I read that. I think someone has some inner anger.

Tell me more about the hog hunt. Where and when and how much?

Craig has been at a show all weekend so he has not been following. Test ing the bullet out at a large hog hunt might be a good idea.

On the loading of the bullet. When they first came out they were almost too tight. After 10 of so shots they became hard to load. several of our staff had the same results. Craig went back and shaved (I don't know how much) some off the dia. Since then they are easy to load. I have never used that gun so I can't speak to the model, but my general experience is that it will load smooth in all guns. If note I am sure MDM will try to find out why.

Ah'm guessin' ah aint gonna find out nuttin'! :D

By the way, these bullets were discussed on Hunt America quite a long time ago. Nobody there had used them either.

Underclocked said:
Ah'm guessin' ah aint gonna find out nuttin'! :D

By the way, these bullets were discussed on Hunt America quite a long time ago. Nobody there had used them either.

My guess is that they'll never get off the ground. :roll:

UC, The information your asking for is not for public viewing. That's why you get the SSDD brush off.
:D Al

Hey UC,

I think your Avatar is scaring them. It makes me feel uncomfortable! 8)

Those twinkling eyes, i see them when i close my eyes! :shock: :lol:

Tell me more about the hog hunt. Where and when and how much?

One is this COMING weekend...they MAY have a spot or two and the next is the FOLLOWING weekend which has NO spots remaining at this time. Contact Bluedot here on the forum if you want to inquire. There are many post concerning the hog hunts on the "Hog Hunting" topic..

In nobodies defence I do know what it feels like to love a product others hate. I fell in love with the SST long before it was a popular bullet with ML hunters. I do remember some big foofaraws with one or two members here (on another board) questioning my intelligence and integrity for using it. I was even accused of having an ulterior motive for my use and discussion of the bullet. Long story short it is a pretty good bullet and farly well respected now in the community. Perhaps this bullet will be too. Who knows? All the same I think a bunch of ya need to get out hunting!
:wink:

omega said:
I do remember some big foofaraws with one or two members here (on another board) questioning my intelligence and integrity for using it. I was even accused of having an ulterior motive for my use and discussion of the bullet...... :wink:

Rich,

Your "intelligence" level is certainly amongst the highest of our self commendable intellect on this Board...me included in such company of course :lol: and likely many more in our Elite Company too humble to fess up!!!

I personally think that this Threads Title:

No blood trail required. All your bullets issues are solved!

Should immediately sound off a TOTAL BULLSHIT ALARM to all here who are seasoned hunters. Of course, my intelligence level has also been questioned in the past. Nuff said. :lol:

Sorry Loggy I wasn't talking about the bullet in question. We've all read ad copy before. I guess I was talking about how some people have maybe been a little tough on the fellows who were saying was a good bullet just because they were sponsored by the company. Not everyone sells their integrity with the price of a commercial on a TV show.
:lol:
You must be getting ready for turkey soon, I know my buds are working hard at getting me back to Dallas PA again this spring.

I personally have had great results with 300 grn XTPs on deer with the Savage,and Ruger muzzleloaders-while I havent encountered problems,I have considered trying Barnes simply becouse of the close ranges I hunt at and relativly high velocitys theese handgun bullets are being pushed to compared to what they were designed for-shot placment becomes more critical than ever with a fast expanding bullet.my point is this-as stated,I havent had problems with my current choice in bullets-but even with a good track record of weight retention after expansion,If I change bullets,it will be in the opposite direction of what I have read about in this thread-with so many bullets out there that expand way out there and retain most of their weight,why would I choose one that explodes on impact? instead of an actual company rep giving real figures in response to points raised here,I am left with guys telling me to watch movies,or look at thumbs up photos with animals? have any magizenes recieved samples of the bullets to test? jethro shot a bear with it isnt selling me-send some to guns and ammo or shooting times,if not some of the muzzleloading publications,and give yourselves some credit if it is deserved.

Well, I hate to be the one to open the curtain in OZ to many of you.

Most of those magazines sell those reviews just in case you did not know that. At least with video you get to see the result and not just read what you are told.

MDM has had this reviewed by several writers. I will ask Craig if he has any I can get my hands on and post. I would however look more toward articles by well know writes if that is where you want to get your print reviews.

PS. At for the Jethro gig, If you get Shooting times, look at the 1/2 page ad Howa has been running since Jan. The dude with the thumbs up photo is Jethro #1.

I don't think you get it. If a product does not work we move on, we have to. If we don't shoot and find the game we film it was all for not. I am not saying there are not shows selling out to the high bidder. But most of their footage is filmed in the steel cage death match (high fence). If you hunt wild game in its environment, you need products that work. It is the ultimate proving ground.

We have burned 4 state records to tape, 2 with archery and 2 with Black powder (with the MDM).

You seem to think that having a sponsor equates to being paid to lie for a **** product. If your show is good and you have any marketing ability, good sponsors will find you. If a bow or a muzzleloader doesn't work, we can't get the tape we need. If our viewer base use a product because we said it was good and it sucked, we lose creditability.

But at the same time you flock to product reviews in magazines, not knowing they are just a glorified ad, paid for by a company. Ever notice they are never negitive? Hell you could by and ad for the year on our show for 1/3 of the cost to be reviewed by any major magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back