Not happy...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doegirl said:
Well, here it is:
Picture021.jpg
]

Sure is a pretty rifle. I couldn't own one like it though. I'd be too afraid to ding it up it's so pretty. :oops:

doegirl,

Glad to hear Gander took care of you!

I dont own any TC Inlines but do have 2 of their flintlocks. You cant go wrong with TC...a fine company that totally supports their quality guns with a huge following of happy owners.

You got yourself one fine lookin ML there!

:D I predict your next Thread will be titled: HAPPY

Doegirl-

Great purchase! You can do everything with that ENCORE! You made an excellent choice, you will certainly be happy with that ourchase!!!

Thanks, guys, for the kind words. :D It will be a while before I can get a quality scope for the gun (in silver, hopefully, it's gotta match :roll: ) The Bushnell Banner will have to do for now. Bills and food, trivial things that get in the way!

It's good to know that there are some women out there who understand what men have to go through to buy a new gun. :D :D

Nice new toy.The banner will do until you can upgrade.There are tons of info posted on the encore.Finding a good load will not be hard.

doegirl said:
Bills and food, trivial things that get in the way!

I hate it when that happens :lol:

Still a quantum leap upgrade and the banner will do its job. :)

Hey girl!!!!

The Banner might do, but a Swift Premier would be the next step up. A really fine scope for the money. Many here would testify to that. Not as good as a Leupold or Bushnell Elite 3200 but close. Optic wise I can't tell the difference. IMO.

I ALSO believe the best rings would be the Warne QD in Medium with the matching base from Brownells. That's the set up I run on my Encore and I love it!!!!!

Mine like Barnes 245 Spitfire and 2 Prodex Pellets.

Your gonna love it.

Nice 8) I like the matching camo on the scope and stock.. Is that the new Omega scope by Nikon?

Way to go doegirl...one upgrade you will be proud of. Update us on how it shoots.

Re: Can't go wrong

big6x6 said:
skamaniac said:
Can't go wrong with a TC, White, Knight. NEF, Austin Halek or Savage. All are capable of 1" or less groups @ 100 yds with just a little tweaking and sometimes right out of the box.

I'll agree with buying all EXCEPT the Austin & Halleck. While certainly capiable of shooting great groups Austin & Hallecks customer service/quality control seems to have fallen off to such a degree lately that I don't really think you'd be that much better off than with the CVA. Two thumbs up on the rest however! :D

I ABSOLUTELY agree with you on A/H Chuck! I would not recommend spending hard earned money on an Austin & Halleck ANYTHING!

I bought 2 that were total LEMONS!

scope

No Doegirl it is a Bussnell . The Encore is 3 years old and still going strong.
Sundowner

Austin Halleck

Underclocked said:
JJ, stop ignorin me! :wink:

I bought mine in '97 and it doesn't shoot too bad. Groups 1.5" - 2.0" at 100 yds consistently with 375 gr Buffalo SSB's over 70 gr Triple 7 FFG. Not my best shooter by any means but consistent. I will admit though, if i go over 70 gr of powder, she starts to group two and fly one off. But she sure is a handsome beast AND born the USA.

Re: Can't go wrong

Doohan said:
big6x6 said:
skamaniac said:
Can't go wrong with a TC, White, Knight. NEF, Austin Halek or Savage. All are capable of 1" or less groups @ 100 yds with just a little tweaking and sometimes right out of the box.

I'll agree with buying all EXCEPT the Austin & Halleck. While certainly capiable of shooting great groups Austin & Hallecks customer service/quality control seems to have fallen off to such a degree lately that I don't really think you'd be that much better off than with the CVA. Two thumbs up on the rest however! :D

I ABSOLUTELY agree with you on A/H Chuck! I would not recommend spending hard earned money on an Austin & Halleck ANYTHING!

I bought 2 that were total LEMONS!

doegirl said:
Never again will I allow some clerk at Gander Mt being paid $7.00 an hour select a gun for me :roll: My original choice was a laminate stock Savage ML. He talked me out of it, because they had none in stock.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Should have held to your guns literally! You poor thing to go from wanting a Savage to getting a CVA. Thats like wanting gold and settling for pyrite.

Those damn salesman. (I'll probably offend a salesperson here) They do the same thing to my wife!!! It has happened to her at Wal-mart AND at Scheels. She can't look at a gun, without a salesperson suggesting a "better" choice.

"Oh you don't want that gun, you really want this one!"

She doesn't mind advice, but it really frustrates her when they won't let it go.

BTW, my first ML was a sidelock CVA, I couldn't hit a target consistently either with that hunk o junk. I know not all CVA's are like that, but that was my experience.

elkstalkr said:
BTW, my first ML was a sidelock CVA, I couldn't hit a target consistently either with that hunk o junk. I know not all CVA's are like that, but that was my experience.

That was my experience with a CVA inline. It shot 4" @ 100 yds at it's best. This is with a 4X scope too. Upgraded to a Knight Disc Extreme and never looked at a CVA again.

Back