Paramount Review

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A spring to correct head spacing? I guess only time will tell.

The spring is already proven to leak per their promo video. Luke, however, in all his genious said he already has a couple ideas how to fix that.

Well the Paramount is not the only 45cal 1-22 they brought out this year either. The Accura LR 45 is about half the price. Its just a shame they went with a 30" barrel. Its gunna end up over 8lbs also before even adding a scope. Havent seen a review on it yet with any hard data but it should be launching the new PB at 2100fps+ using Westerns max load.

When guys who shoot sabotless get these its gunna be interesting to see what kinda fps they get out of the Paramount with bullets like the 275-300gr BE. 200gr sabot loads should easily be in the 2400fps range. Probably get close to that with bullets around 225gr also. Thats about what i got when testing some really hot BH209 loads in my Pacnor 45 1-22.

Just curious how does your 1-22 Pacnor shoot Blackhorn sabotless with 275 and 300 grain bullets. I would think the 275 grain bullets would be better suited for the 1-22 twist but one never knows until tried .

Can’t speak for the 1-22 but the 275 Fury’s shoot pretty great out my 1-20 Brux.

I only shot enough to get speeds and test for fail to fire. Never shot them for any serious groups but a 1-22 should handle the 300gr BE. Probably a bit slow for Match Hunters or Pittmans at BH209 speeds.

I have shot some 275 & 300 gr BEs from a 700ml conversion with a 1:22 McGowen barrel using 100 gr of BH209 by weight. I only shot at 100 yd just to see how they would do. Both shot very accurately and grouped very well. The holes in the target were clean and crisp and showed no sign of tearing. With less powder and at longer range, the results could be different.

Back