Paramount Review

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you can get a Parker for just over $2 a pop for the higher end line i cant imagine why most of "US" would choose the new PB.

He needs to start offering these in a thinner jacket like the E-Max.
BlackMax_large.jpg

Yeah, I forgot what Powebelt would charge for a copper bullet. $3.00 might be too cheap.
Anybody see a price for the new gun yet? Prices are getting bad. I'm looking at a new LH GPR and they get $600 for them now. :(

Hummmm……. I just came in from moving I don't know how many tons of snow and I'm tuckered out, but who the heck is Woodman Arms?

Yeah, I forgot what Powebelt would charge for a copper bullet. $3.00 might be too cheap.
Anybody see a price for the new gun yet? Prices are getting bad. I'm looking at a new LH GPR and they get $600 for them now. :(

Its $999.95 muzzle-loaders.com and they got the Accura 45 LR for a little over $500 too. I believe the Accura 45 1-22 is already available.

Even more than I thought it would be. Good thing I like to shoot close. It's cheaper. Sort of.

There is still hope they will release a fast twist MR. That would be interesting for lighter conical loads. I doubt they will ever get around to the the cheaper Optima unless the 45s sell extremely well.

I would pre-order a 45 1-22 Optima today if they did and if it was fairly close to 50cal Optima pricing.

2 seasons ago i carried my Knight 500 . That gun weighs 10lbs with no scope . I never walked more than 1/2 mile. The weight did not bother me at all with a sling . The length of the barrel did bother me climbing under shooting rails on some of my tree stands . That is one advantage of the TC Omega . 10 lbs is not that big of a deal for the average deer hunter. Spot and stalkers is a completley different deal.

How did Woodman address this issue? Is the buttsock wobble no longer a problem?

Never was a problem, other than that one stock. Hovey is a clown at it's best. Gun digest realized this and let him go recently. He told me they screwed him out some money too, good for them. If you look at the 2019 gun digest, it states that Woodman Arm's is no longer producing Patriot muzzleloaders. I was never even contacted and asked. He couldn't be any more ignorant. He offered to try to get it updated but I'm good with his damage done so far.
So here's the story with his loose stock that made it all over youtube...
He asked to shoot one of my Patriot rifles for some testing. I thought it was a great idea as he would get it listed in gun digest. I sent him a rifle which evidently I didn't tighten the bolt enough. It's as simple as removing the two recoil pad screws, removing the recoil pad and inserting a hex driver to tighten the bolt. Under a 5 minute job, I've done 500 of these to date. Of the other 500 I am unaware of one coming loose. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. There is no such thing as any company making a product and having 100% perfect products. I have a customer who has fired his Patriot over 600 times, stock is still tight.

An all copper power belt would probably shoot like crap. It's hard enough to get all coppers to shoot with smokeless pressures. With blackpowder pressures, you're not going to get any obturation. But I could be wrong.

Does Thor make a 45cal bullet? That might be a good option.

Too bad they didn't make the new Powerbelt an all copper bullet.

got Pittmans to work with black once but Doug had them special made with .012 skin , shot to 500 yds. with them

I have 100 .015 jacket 250 grain Pittman Accumax's ,500 .015 jacket 275 grain Pittman Accumax's and 500 .015 jacket 300 grain Pittman Accumax's on order . All .452 . Those bullets should work very well in any moderate fast twist muzzle loader with Blackhorn 209. I would imagine the Pittman 275 Accumax or Parker 270 Emax would be well suited for the 1-22 twist .

Never was a problem, other than that one stock. Hovey is a clown at it's best. Gun digest realized this and let him go recently. He told me they screwed him out some money too, good for them. If you look at the 2019 gun digest, it states that Woodman Arm's is no longer producing Patriot muzzleloaders. I was never even contacted and asked. He couldn't be any more ignorant. He offered to try to get it updated but I'm good with his damage done so far.
So here's the story with his loose stock that made it all over youtube...
He asked to shoot one of my Patriot rifles for some testing. I thought it was a great idea as he would get it listed in gun digest. I sent him a rifle which evidently I didn't tighten the bolt enough. It's as simple as removing the two recoil pad screws, removing the recoil pad and inserting a hex driver to tighten the bolt. Under a 5 minute job, I've done 500 of these to date. Of the other 500 I am unaware of one coming loose. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. There is no such thing as any company making a product and having 100% perfect products. I have a customer who has fired his Patriot over 600 times, stock is still tight.

Fair enough, ive seen some of his other videos and to me he seems a bit off....That is putting it mildly. I probably should have worded my question a little different.

got Pittmans to work with black once but Doug had them special made with .012 skin , shot to 500 yds. with them

Most jackets are guilding metal instead of pure copper. You can get by with thicker jackets if they are pure/softer copper and soft lead cores too.

An all copper power belt would probably shoot like crap. It's hard enough to get all coppers to shoot with smokeless pressures. With blackpowder pressures, you're not going to get any obturation. But I could be wrong.

Does Thor make a 45cal bullet? That might be a good option.

I don't get why you say that? If the all copper Thor shoots good why wouldn't a copper Powerbelt shoot good too?

I might as well join in. If I shot target competition or took long shots hunting I would weigh. For normal distance hunting, I think a volume works fine. I've even been known to use a powder horn and antler powder measure for hunting but that wasn't BH.

Back