Peep sight for Pedersoli Missouri River Hawken?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peep site for Pedersoli Missouri River Hawken?

• Vernier peep

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xs peep

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

longbowelk

Reaction score
I have a Pedersoli Missouri River Hawken and was looking into mounting a vernier type peep on the tang. I was hoping to find a shorter version maybe 2 inches. Most I see are 4 inches. Anyone got any ideas? Other peep options besides this out there for this rifle?

Remember the Vernier style peeps are not as Robust, They are better suited to Target use. You can definitely use them as a Hunting Peep, But more care is needed in handling to protect the Peep from Damage. The Lyman 57SML is a much better Choice in my opinion for a Durable Hunting Tang Mounted peep. I am not familiar with any of the Pedersoli Rifles? But i have Several Lyman 57SML Tang peeps on TC Hawkens, and Renegades. I am sure the Lyman would work just as well on a Pedersoli

I have the Lyman 57SML on both TC Hawkens. They s ok ok. I was just looking for another option.

Thompson Center made a flip up tang sight, I've been using one for years for target practice. They come up on eBay quite regular and usually go for $80- $100.

Yes I know these are poor pictures but this time a day there is not enough light to satisfy my little tablet.

Attachments

• IMG_20190129_053500_kindlephoto-205064861.jpg
    IMG_20190129_053500_kindlephoto-205064861.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20190129_053519_kindlephoto-205033693.jpg
    IMG_20190129_053519_kindlephoto-205033693.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 5
Thompson Center made a flip up tang sight, I've been using one for years for target practice. They come up on eBay quite regular and usually go for $80- $100.

Yes I know these are poor pictures but this time a day there is not enough light to satisfy my little tablet.

Good idea Sax, This would be in the Right size. I had 1 of these but wasn’t impressed with it, i also had TC’s Tall Globe Front sight, I ended up Selling them as a Package Deal. I just seen one of these For Sale on the Big Forum, A Guy offering it in a “Wanted to buy”

Back