Powder type???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve egan

Reaction score
Morning; I am new to muzzleloading and this forum. I have ordered no excuses conicals but I am looking for suggestions on what type of powder to use. The conicals are .504 and .503 caliber in 460 grain weight. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thank You: Steve

777 3f. Be sure to use powder not pellets which ever brand you use, will save you a lot of money and give you more choices of load size.

You are welcome Steve. I would use a starting load of 65 grs of the 777 and work up at 5 grs. If you are looking for accuracy. I have two Whiteligntings one likes 65 grs the other 80.

You are welcome Steve. I would use a starting load of 65 grs of the 777 and work up at 5 grs. If you are looking for accuracy. I have two Whiteligntings one likes 65 grs the other 80.
Will try this week. Thanks for your help.

Morning: Can this 777 powder be bought at stores like Bass Pro Shops or Cabella's or other similar stores OR does this powder have to be bought online?

Latest posts

Back