Projectiles for modern inlines

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheap shot and Plinkster are a great way to start shooting and developing loads. I found tha the 240 and a 250 sst Hornady had very close POI at 100yds.
Now that's good to hear cuz the Hornady was the other one I was looking at.

We'll see I just need something to put in this for now and break her in. Now to find the powder and primers. I'm located right smack-dab in the middle of Flint so we have crap for selection.

Kind of surprised that nobody mentioned using cast bullets in there sabots. We use lymans 429244 in a hollow point mould with hornady’s green sabots for are 50 caliber Hawkins. Always put meat in the freezer and shot quite well!

I bet the plinkster and most available 250 grain saboted bullets will poi close. You may have to run over to the Cabelas or Williams or out to bass pro.
Kind of surprised that nobody mentioned using cast bullets in there sabots. We use lymans 429244 in a hollow point mould with hornady’s green sabots for are 50 caliber Hawkins. Always put meat in the freezer and shot quite well!
I figure if im gonna go to the trouble of casting then im making a bore size coni. Not that casting is a problem but bore size shoots better for me. The Plinksters and Cheapshots are using a cast lead 240 grain hp bullet.

I actually had that mold for a while. But i didnt care for those hard green sabots in the accura.

I bet the plinkster and most available 250 grain saboted bullets will poi close. You may have to run over to the Cabelas or Williams or out to bass pro.

I figure if im gonna go to the trouble of casting then im making a bore size coni. Not that casting is a problem but bore size shoots better for me. The Plinksters and Cheapshots are using a cast lead 240 grain hp bullet.
That's what I was afraid of I don't want to go to Saginaw. I'd rather go to Northwoods in pinconning. Never been there heard they have cool stuff.

Bullet casting another thing I don't know crap about but that sounds really interesting. I can definitely see the advantages. Anyone ever make a bullet tip that looks like the tip of a drill bit? I always wondered how something like that would fly.

Are those made of a plastic or some k7nd of composite? Doesnt look like lead or copper.
That one in particular is a frangible meant to find its home in flesh but to break apart once it hits a wall. a good self defense round in a apartment complex when you don't want to take out the friendly behind the wall.

Nice is that a saboted round for a muzzleloader? I would like a more wicked looking corkscrew-shaped but yeah that's close.

Like the old auger bits.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200627-093647.png
    Screenshot_20200627-093647.png
    345.5 KB · Views: 1
I guess I never really looked at the harvester sabots. Wasn‘t aware of the 45 caliber sabots. I have the 457125 Lyman mould in hollow point. Lyman says that’s a 500 grain bullet! IF PIGS COULD FLY!!! This would probably classify. Anybody have any experience shooting something this heavy?

I guess I never really looked at the harvester sabots. Wasn‘t aware of the 45 caliber sabots. I have the 457125 Lyman mould in hollow point. Lyman says that’s a 500 grain bullet! IF PIGS COULD FLY!!! This would probably classify. Anybody have any experience shooting something this heavy?
Thats a BIG bullet. I doubt you could find a sabot long enuff for that one.

I would some day like to try something that big but the recoil... i guess ima bit of a baby when it comes to recoil. I like to stay in the 300-400grain weight range for best all around performance for my shooting style.

Back