Question for the Old Time Knight Guys

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know I has this answered at one point in time but I cannot seem to find it on here. Bought my Dad a square receiver MK-85 .54 cal with a 26 inch barrel. Serial number is only four digits. I thought we identified the barrel as a Numrich because the crown is convex not concave. 6 Lands and grooves. Anyone able to confirm?

Numrich Knight barrels had a slower twist IIRC. Pretty sure some of the other non GM barrels were also 6 land but im not positive.

GM54 may have the answer......
Several years ago I went to buy a new Knight .54ca and was told they quit making a 54ca. Called and talked to a rep and he said the 54 was not as accurate as the 50.
Was twist the reason or??

Louie

Numrich were 1-48s....might have made some faster later as McMillan branding...maybe
Wiseman had 1-28 and 1-32 both 6 land. Wiseman bought McMillan Barrel and sold McMillan branded barrels a few years later.
Lothar....not sure because only seen 50cals and i think a 45cal but the 45 might have been Wiseman too.
GMB...all 50s and 54s were 1-28 8 land as far as i know.

Last edited:
Back