Recovered Barnes T-EZ 250 gr. Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

01Foreman400

Reaction score
After 18 years of shooting Barnes bullets in my rifles and muzzleloader I finally was able to recover one. It looks great and the edges are really sharp as well. I’m guessing this is 100% weight retention minus the polymer tip?
C53AB7C1-0192-4C64-8BFC-8F97F102B4AF.jpeg7CB3C7B3-60B2-45FD-9AB3-124C053D92CC.jpeg
670408FB-B7C6-4124-9461-3A66ECD206C4.jpeg5668520D-889F-45E3-90E0-CF5B51CAB4C5.jpeg

I use those bullets in my .45 McRem SML. They shoot awesome. I got my buck with that bullet yesterday morning. Complete pass through. Only ran a short distance with an awesome blood trial.

I shot one into a solid cedar log just to see how they expanded - looks identical to the one you retrieved - and yet people still use Powerbelts instead of a Barnes - the only thing I can come up with for that is Cheapskate - you get what you pay for.

I shot one into a solid cedar log just to see how they expanded - looks identical to the one you retrieved - and yet people still use Powerbelts instead of a Barnes - the only thing I can come up with for that is Cheapskate - you get what you pay for.

I have not seen Barnes TEZs for sale anywhere in almost 2 years. Who has them in stock now?

Barnes 250 gr T-EZ which took a nice buck at about 50 yards. Recovered bullet weighed 247 gr.

1BLNaach.jpg

Do you shoot that in a sabot or bore rider?

My bullet pictured above was a 195 grain, .400” copper bullet. It was held in a Harvestor Muzzleloading light blue ‘ribbed’ sabot. My charge was 115 grains volume of B209.

Speaking of bullets, this year I used a simple Hornady 200 grain, .400” XTP, same sabot. I do like the Barnes bullets better, but the XTP shoots well also. Besides a close coyote, I took a 10 point at about 130 yards with the XTP. The deer never went more than 2 steps, just last weekend.

I have not seen Barnes TEZs for sale anywhere in almost 2 years. Who has them in stock now?

Honestly I don't know - I tend to stock up on things and have a plenty for the amount of shooting I do with them. Not to mention the Remington Accutips that are the same bullet with a green nose.

I started shooting Barnes bullets and shotgun slugs early on after seeing one of their pictures in an ad. That "pedal of death" sold me. And I like a lot of others had been shooting Powerbelt with the miserable performance in the muzzy. I actually recovered the first two bullets I shot in the muzzy. One from a neck shot on an 8 pointer and the other from a large doe that was not the best of hits and that was on me. That deer with a powerbelt would have been a lost deer. Here is my collection over the years. Bullet on bottom right was a "Thor" bullet from 2013 and was the last recovery.
image.jpeg

Back