Running BH209 through a powder measure

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nic_58

Reaction score
Are any of you running your Blackhorn 209 through your powder measure? I know it always says to not run Blackpowder through a measure but Blackhorn is a whole different animal so to speak. I have a RCBS Uniflow and have used it to drop charges of Blackhorn 209 and then I trickle up to my desired weight. Anybody else doing this also?

Nic_58 said:
Are any of you running your Blackhorn 209 through your powder measure? I know it always says to not run Blackpowder through a measure but Blackhorn is a whole different animal so to speak. I have a RCBS Uniflow and have used it to drop charges of Blackhorn 209 and then I trickle up to my desired weight. Anybody else doing this also?

ABSOLUTELY! :wink:

measure

I use the TC model and then when full do a tap down to settle and/or add more to even the measure.

I use the same measure I use for reloading. I talked to a tech. at Western when they publisized it about a number of things including the volume to weight ratio and using a regular powder measure. Lee

no problem with my RCBS, I dump into vials for hunting and use at the range.

There is a volume to grain conversion factor posted someplace.

I've used my RCBS uniflow quite a bit lately,..got to really extend the metering rod,..but I'm able to get 67grs consistantly,..

Blackhorn 209 VOLUME to WEIGHT calculator:

VOLUME in GRAINS BH209 / 1.5 = WEIGHT in GRAINS BH209

OR... VOLUME in GRAINS BH209 X 0.667 = WEIGHT in GRAINS BH209

Latest posts

Back