Scope for my new Savage

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
big6x6 said:
I have a few scopes that I REALLY like... I guess my favorite is my Leupold VX-III 3.5-10X40 with the German #4 reticle. Man...I LOVE that scope! Next would be a three way tie between a VX-III 3.5-10X50, Conquest 3-9X40, and the Conquest 3.5-10X44. I hunted with a VX-III 2.5-8X36 all season on the ULA..that's a fine scope too. It's now on its way to Leupold to have a #4 reticle installed! That's one thing I REALLY like about a Leupold scope...you can get whatever reticle you want!

Your right Chuck. I sent my Vari-X III 4.5x14x44 to Leupold for a regular duplex crosshair. It came with a fine duplex and was too hard for my eyes to pick up while hunting in the woods. :D

Hokie, If you are leaning towards the Zeiss,check out elkhunter777 on e-bay,he always runs no reserve auctions on new Zeiss scopes. Since he is a registered dealer, there is no warrany issues, if you should ever need it.I have not had any problems out of my 4.The last one I got off e-bay cost $360 for the 3x9x40 Conquest.They do not sell every day at that price, but if you are willing to wait it out you can get a good deal.

Tar-12 said:
Hokie, If you are leaning towards the Zeiss,check out elkhunter777 on e-bay,he always runs no reserve auctions on new Zeiss scopes. Since he is a registered dealer, there is no warrany issues, if you should ever need it.I have not had any problems out of my 4.The last one I got off e-bay cost $360 for the 3x9x40 Conquest.They do not sell every day at that price, but if you are willing to wait it out you can get a good deal.

I agree, I picked up a Conquest 3.5x10x50 for 395.00 delivered

Hey Pat! Elkhunter runs a true no reserve,I have bought 2 off of him.Real nice guy,a real pleasure to do business with.He sells other brands as well,it is just hard to pass up the prices on the Zeiss!

jcchartboy said:
I got off e-bay cost $360 for the 3x9x40 Conquest

I bought mine for 314$ off ebay..and they are going for less lately...FYI
Shut up!!!Thanks for making my wallet cry! I got mine 2 mos. ago.They are selling for $400 plus in the books!

Tar-12

Only one solution then...AVERAGING DOWN!! :lol:

You MUST buy another...then your cost between the two won't seem so bad... 8)

jcchartboy said:
Tar-12

We call that dollar cost averaging here in Athens, AL! :lol:

rangepics%20024.jpg

jcchartboy said:
Tar-12

I hear you! I am already looking at another one!

Chuck Is that a old Redfield Illuminator in the bottom of that pile? I have one the 22-250 Sav. that I like.

Tar-12 said:
Chuck Is that a old Redfield Illuminator in the bottom of that pile? I have one the 22-250 Sav. that I like.

No...That is ACTUALLY a Redfield Tracker 3-12X44...and you know..it's really a pretty good scope!

BTW.....Here in New York.....we call that running an OPTICS MUTUAL FUND.....

ROTFLMAO! :prayer:

Now THAT was a GOOD 'un!

I bought two Zeiss 3.5x10x44 off Ebay for $365 each and $480 for a 4.5x14x44. :wink:

clint said:
my ml1 is a hunting gun have a 2x7 leupold. great scope just right hunting not to bad range $160 cost imo clint

Clint I have a VX-1 2x7x33 on my slug gun and like it very much. It is a great value for the money for sure.

Clint I have a VX-1 2x7x33 on my slug gun and like it very much. It is a great value for the money for sure.

I originally had a VX-II 1-4x20 on my 210 as well. Now I have the VX-II 2-7x33 on there. I used to like it, but after spending alot of time behind it and especially after shooting it alongside my 10ml with the Zeiss 3-9x40 I am seriously looking to replace it.

Tar-12, I got my last conquest from Elkhunter...and he is a fine guy to work with. I now need another one, and he may be my source.

HokieHunter said:
Tar-12, I got my last conquest from Elkhunter...and he is a fine guy to work with. I now need another one, and he may be my source.
He must move a huge volume of Zeiss scopes.Because he takes hits on them sometimes,but it must avg. out!

Latest posts

Back